ISE Eiffel 4.2 Compilation
Author Message
 ISE Eiffel 4.2 Compilation

I encounter a strange thing with the compiler.

I have the following scenario with four classes A, B, C and D: (-> denotes
inherit)

D ->B->A

In class A, I have this feature :
x : A

In B, I redeclare x to be:
x : B

In D, I redeclare x to be:
x : D

I melt the application.  It works.

Later in D, I reclare x to be:
x : C
When I melt the application, I get error VDRD(2).  This is fine.
I change C to inherit from D and melt again.  This time it is OK.

I comment the inherit from D clause in class C text and melt again.  Still
OK!
I pretend to do some changes in class D (say type a character and delete
the character) so that I can fool the compiler into detecting changes in
the class text.
I melt the application again, I get error VDRD(2) which is OK.
I have tried several times and concluded that melt works on classes where
there are changes only to the class text (that's what the technology) but
then it is useless in my case.

Any one can help?

--
Khong Koon Sang,
Singapore

Fri, 15 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ISE Eiffel 4.2 output, Windows NT

2. ISE Eiffel 4.2

3. ISE Eiffel 4.2: A different Perspective

4. New platforms for ISE Eiffel 4.2

5. Installing ISE Eiffel 4.2

6. ISE Eiffel 4.2 available for downloading (Windows)

7. ISE Eiffel 4.2 available for downloading (Linux)

8. ISE Eiffel 4.2: major new release

9. Beta test of ISE Eiffel 4.2

10. Conversion ALDEC Foundation to Webpack ISE 4.2 and later

11. ISE 4.2 and CVS

12. ISE 4.2 and Modelsim (part 2)