elj-win32 Wine cross-compile Linux => Windows
Author Message
 elj-win32 Wine cross-compile Linux => Windows

Has anyone had any success in generating a Windows executable by running
SmallEiffel (Windows version) on Linux under Wine ?

I have noted that lcc-win32 runs OK under Wine so it should be possible as
the SmallEiffel compile_to_... are very simple!!

I am writing an Eiffel implementation of the Fox GUI, and wish to generate
executables for both Linux and Windows on my Linux box, rather than running
a separate compile on Windows.

Any help and suggestions appreciated

Howard Thomson

Thu, 06 Jan 2005 22:00:38 GMT
 elj-win32 Wine cross-compile Linux => Windows
On Sun, 21 Jul 2002 15:00:38 +0100, Howard Thomson

Quote:

>I am writing an Eiffel implementation of the Fox GUI, and wish to generate
>executables for both Linux and Windows on my Linux box, rather than running

*ROTFL*

Welcome you the fourth who try to write a FOX GUI .
Do you want to give any comments why you dont join the other projects?

Fri, 07 Jan 2005 02:53:34 GMT
 elj-win32 Wine cross-compile Linux => Windows

Quote:

> On Sun, 21 Jul 2002 15:00:38 +0100, Howard Thomson

>>I am writing an Eiffel implementation of the Fox GUI, and wish to generate
>>executables for both Linux and Windows on my Linux box, rather than
>>running

> *ROTFL*

> Welcome you the fourth who try to write a FOX GUI .
> Do you want to give any comments why you dont join the other projects?

I am well aware of the Slyboots project on Sourceforge. I am working on
marrying up the work that has been done up to slyboots-0.4 with my own code
to generate a combined system.

The problem areas are:

I have not yet set up any CVS facility to co-operate on shared code update
(Solveable!)

Slyboots is being developed using VisualEiffel. There are some
constructions that are supported by VE and not be SmallEiffel and
vice-versa, and I am still considering whether foregoing the use of agents
is acceptable in order to combine the code.

Slyboots does not yet use the elj-win32 classes for the WIN32 interface.
This may be a problem if SE cannot generate a Windows executable.

Apart from Slyboots and EiffelFox, what other GUI projects are there which
are written in Eiffel and are only dependent on Xlib / Win32 interfaces??

Sat, 08 Jan 2005 03:39:31 GMT

1. Cross compiling Tcl Linux -> Linux

2. elj-win32 0.4 Release: The GNU Eiffel win32 Distribution

3. elj-win32: A FREE/NO-RISK win32 SmallEiffel Distribution

4. Windows LV6.0 running on Linux Wine: config.cpp error (line 404)

5. Gnat cross compiling FreeBSD to Win32 ?

6. Win95 => UnixWare Cross-compiling

7. support from cross-compilation: linux->dos

8. Cross compiling to DOS or windows apps

9. new SmallEiffel elj-win32 release (-0.74)

10. elj-win32-dev: project summary (31 Dec 2000)

11. Possible Bug in elj-win32