Eiffel Sharp!
Author Message
 Eiffel Sharp!

Raphael Simon, Emmanuel Stapf, and Betrand Meyer are presenting Eiffel at
the Microsoft Profesional Developer's Conference in Orlando in July. Must be
some sort of cultural exchange :)

From the conference site:
Over the past few months Interactive Software Engineering (ISE) in
collaboration with Monash University has produced an implementation of
Eiffel, dubbed Eiffel-sharp, on the .NET Framework. The tool makes full use
of the .NET Framework's self-describing component technologies and of the
advanced possibilities (browsing, debugging, incremental recompilation etc.)
of the ISE Eiffel environment. It fully supports Eiffel's Design by Contract
(TM) and Eiffel's generic classes. It allows full-scale integration of
Eiffel components with components written in C# and other languages for the
.NET Framework. The environment has many other features taking advantage of
both the power of the Eiffel method and language -- as used in
mission-critical applications in finance, simulation, health care etc. --
and the novel features of the .NET Framework. This talk will describe the
scope of the project, the results achieved, the issues encountered, and the
level of interoperability reached

Mickey Williams
www.codevtech.com

Sun, 15 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Eiffel Sharp!
Does anyone know how Eiffel sharp compares with Eiffel
and with C#?

Quote:
> Raphael Simon, Emmanuel Stapf, and Betrand Meyer are presenting
Eiffel at
> the Microsoft Profesional Developer's Conference in Orlando in July.
Must be
> some sort of cultural exchange :)

> From the conference site:
> Over the past few months Interactive Software Engineering (ISE) in
> collaboration with Monash University has produced an implementation of
> Eiffel, dubbed Eiffel-sharp, on the .NET Framework. The tool makes
full use
> of the .NET Framework's self-describing component technologies and of
the
> advanced possibilities (browsing, debugging, incremental
recompilation etc.)
> of the ISE Eiffel environment. It fully supports Eiffel's Design by
Contract
> (TM) and Eiffel's generic classes. It allows full-scale integration of
> Eiffel components with components written in C# and other languages
for the
> .NET Framework. The environment has many other features taking
advantage of
> both the power of the Eiffel method and language -- as used in
> mission-critical applications in finance, simulation, health care
etc. --
> and the novel features of the .NET Framework. This talk will describe
the
> scope of the project, the results achieved, the issues encountered,
and the
> level of interoperability reached

> Mickey Williams
> www.codevtech.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Eiffel Sharp!

Quote:

> Does anyone know how Eiffel sharp compares with Eiffel
> and with C#?

Can't you read between the lines?  Eiffel sharp is just a marketing
term.  All it will be is the Eiffel language using the .NET library
(possibly including the integration of ISE Eiffel with Visual Studio if
I read ISE's press release correctly).  No, I don't have facts on this,
but obviously Eiffel sharp is not a new language.

--
William E. Kempf
Software Engineer, MS Windows Programmer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Eiffel and Eiffel Sharp help

2. Eiffel# - Eiffel Sharp

3. while caps weekly attack cats, the pools often climb under the sharp carpenters

4. Announcement: Version 4.03 of SHARP APL for UNIX

5. Sharp APL/PC reference binders

6. Product announcement - SHARP APL/UNIX 4.02

7. SHARP APL/PC {I.S.APL}

8. APL FAQ - correction re Sharp APL

9. Sharp APL

10. Sharp APL (really SAPL and APL2 arrays)

11. Sharp Packages (was Re: APL acceptance)

12. sharp i-apl