February meeting of the Colorado Eiffel User's Group
Author Message
 February meeting of the Colorado Eiffel User's Group

The next meeting of the Colorado Eiffel User's Group will take place
on Thursday, February 27 at 6:30 pm.

Agenda:
     Informal Presentation by Jacob{*filter*}
     Presentation on the Eiffel XML.Net binding to the XMS database.
     Review of the CEUG Open Source project
     Planning for the March and April meetings
     New Member News.

Jacob{*filter*}is the author of the excellent book, "Object Structures:
Building Object-Oriented Software Components With Eiffel." Jacob has
agreed to speak informally to the group for a few minutes on
Eiffel-related topics. We all look forward to meeting Jacob.

We'll be seeing a presentation of the recently announced XML .Net
Project from Fowler Software Design. This is the NeoCore XMS Eiffel
API. NeoCore and FSD are now looking for a project to serve as the
first Beta test for this facility.

NeoCore produces XMS, a native XML database that stores XML documents
very efficiently.  XMS does not require that a database schema be
defined in advance.  Just store any well-formed XML documents into XMS
and then query them back out again using XQuery.

We will also review the CEUG Open Source Project. CEUG started a
wrapper library for the Simple DirectMedia Layer, a popular
multiplatform toolkit for game development.

You don't have to be a Colorado resident to participate in the CEUG
Open Source Project, or to join the CEUG mailing list. Recently we've
been joined by people from places as diverse as Finland and Maryland.
All we ask is that you promise to attend a meeting the next time
you're in the Denver area!
Subscribe the the group's email list at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Meeting Location and directions:
     Fowler Software Design
     8391 Delaware Street
     Denver CO

This is on 84th St near I-25. Parking is at the rear of the building,
accessible from Elati St. If you are coming in from I-25, exit on 84th
St, head west to Elati, one block past Delaware. Turn left (south) and
enter the parking lot on the corner that's just behind the Fowler
Software building. Landmarks: There's an Econo-lube on the north side
of 84th, across from Elati.

If you are coming in from Hwy 36 (the Boulder Turnpike) exit at
Sheridan, head north to 84th St and then east to Elati. Landmarks:
Huron St is the last stoplight before Elati. If you pass over I-25,
you've gone too far.

For more information, contact:
     Laura Zaspel

     Fowler Software Design
     303-499-5499.

Subscribe the the group's email list at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

The Eiffel programming language offers advanced support for OO,
generics, assertions (in the form of Design by Contract) closures
(known as agents) and more. A good starting place to learn more about
Eiffel is:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

The CEUG Open Source Project is located on SourceForge:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ceug/

Reviews of Jacob's book can be found at Amazon:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:58:33 GMT

1. October's Colorado Eiffel User's Group Meeting

2. Minutes of the April meeting of the Colorado Eiffel User's Group

3. Minutes of the March 27 meeting of the Colorado Eiffel User's Group

4. March meeting of the Colorado Eiffel User's Group

5. Minutes of the October meeting of the Colorado Eiffel User's Group

6. Minutes from the September 2002 Meeting of the Colorado Eiffel User's Group

7. Minutes of the May meeting of the Colorado Eiffel Users Group

8. April meeting of the Colorado Eiffel Users Group

9. Minutes of the March 6 meeting of the Colorado Eiffel Users Group

10. January Meeting of the Colorado Eiffel Users Group

11. The first (really the second) meeting of the Colorado Eiffel Users Group

12. Washington DC Smalltalk Users Group - February Meeting