Which database for Eiffel in real-world-prpjects?
Author Message
 Which database for Eiffel in real-world-prpjects?

Which database do you use for Eiffel in real-world-projects?
Tell me your experiences!!!

Thanks

Mon, 08 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Which database for Eiffel in real-world-prpjects?

Quote:

>Which database do you use for Eiffel in real-world-projects?
>Tell me your experiences!!!

Interactive Software Engineering customers implementing commercial
systems in ISE Eiffel are using a variety of OO and Relational databases
accessed through EiffelStore. EiffelStore provides a consistent
set of library classes for writing Eiffel applications that need to handle
persistent objects.

Our most popular Eiffel Database Handles are for Sybase (financial
applications) and Oracle (MIS), although we are seeing increasingly
strong sales for Ingres (Healthcare). We expect our new Eiffel
ODBC Handle which is just beginning to ship to be quite
popular among the users Professional Eiffel for Windows (3.x, NT, '95).

Eiffel Database Handles for various OODBMS will be available in
early 1996, please contact us for additional information.

-- Darcy G. Harrison
   Interactive Software Engineering Inc.
   270 Storke Rd, Suite 7
   Santa Barbara, CA 93117 USA
   Phone (805)685-1006, Fax (805)685-6869

   Web: http://www.eiffel.com
   ftp: ftp.eiffel.com

Tue, 09 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Which database for Eiffel in real-world-prpjects?

Quote:

> >Which database do you use for Eiffel in real-world-projects?
> >Tell me your experiences!!!

> Our most popular Eiffel Database Handles are for Sybase (financial
> applications) and Oracle (MIS), although we are seeing increasingly
> strong sales for Ingres (Healthcare). We expect our new Eiffel
> ODBC Handle which is just beginning to ship to be quite
> popular among the users Professional Eiffel for Windows (3.x, NT, '95).

Darcy,
Two months ago, or thereabouts, you responded to an email from me; in this
response you stated that Professional Eiffel for Windows had not (yet?)
been released.  However, your message quoted above implies that PEfW is
available for all the PC/Microsoft platforms.  Really?  Please could you
give a definitive statement on the availability of these products (i.e.
either they're available or they're not; please no "coming real soon"s).

Regards
Roy MacLean

All opinions expressed are solely those of the author and not of Logica
* Roy MacLean                           *
* Logica UK Ltd, Cambridge division,    *
* Betjeman House, 104 Hills Road,       *
* Cambridge CB2 1LQ                     *

* tel   : 0171 637 9111 x 4833          *

Tue, 09 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Which database for Eiffel in real-world-prpjects?

Darcy Harrison on the use of Eiffel for databases:

Quote:
> Darcy,
> [...] Please could you
> give a definitive statement on the availability of [Professional Eiffel
> for Windows].

Darcy is on holiday but I will respond for her. The Windows NT and
Windows 95 version of Professional Eiffel for Windows (current release
number: 3.3.9) has been in ``quasi-final'' form for several months and is
used by a number of customers, from CDs produced at ISE rather than
mass-duplicated. The mass-duplicated CDs are currently being produced
by our duplication company, and we have been promised them for the first
week of January. We will start the mass shipments about thirty seconds
after we get the CDs.

The Windows 3.1 version has not yet been sent out for duplication
but will be shortly, for general availability in the second half of
January.

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify this.

--
Bertrand Meyer, ISE Inc., Santa Barbara (California)

Web home page: http://www.eiffel.com

        (The "lapel pin" [$$] indicates adherence to the SELF-DISCIPLINE program
        for better Usenet discussions. See http://www.eiffel.com/discipline.)

Tue, 09 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Eiffel in the real world

2. An Eiffel World-Wide-Web entry at eiffel.com

3. FU exacter Infos about databases, database functions in Eiffel

4. Infos about databases, database functions in Eiffel

5. Mathematics and the real world

6. hash for real-world numbers

7. VSW: Here is a real-world shrink-wrap

8. REAL WORLD APPLICATION DEVELOPERS

9. Clarion to Real World & TeleMagic Links

10. OOP in the "real world" (SUMMARY)

11. OOP in the "real world"

12. Real-world OO cases