Strong type checking + Heterogenous con
Author Message
 Strong type checking + Heterogenous con

(Entire article is quoted for purposes of crossposting it to comp.lang.eiffel)

writes:

Quote:

writes:

> [...]
Learn

> > >It is not common for C++ people to post adds for C++ to other groups, post
> > >articles explaining the futility of using some language in that language's
> > >newsgroup, having signature lines insulting other peoples work, etc.
> > >By and large, I find that C++ people is a peaceable lot minding their own
> > >business and leaving others alone.  [stuff deleted]

> > But, are C++ advocates more open-minded than other language advocates?  Or,
> > is the situation simply that the other language advocates view C++ as a
> > threat, while C++ advocates view nearly all other languages as irrelevant
> > and unimportant?

> Let just talk about the technical issues.  None of this is edifying in any

way.

At last something Steve Hudson and I agree on completely.  This certainly
doesn't belong in comp.object, and doesn't even really belong in
comp.lang.eiffel.  You want alt.flame, third door on the left.

--
Dave Griffith, Information Resources, University of Chicago,

Will build secret weapon for food.

Sun, 10 Mar 1996 22:28:46 GMT

1. Strong type checking...

2. Strong type checking ... (not really)

3. Strong type checking is good, but...

4. Strong type checking + Heterogenous containers?? Which OOPL??

5. Flying With Python (Strong versus Weak Typing) [actually, Static vs Dynamic typing]

6. (cons type type)

7. Strong static typing does not work

8. Strong typed variables

9. Strong typing header needed

10. Strong Typing

11. Strong/Weak typing

12. Escape from strong typing (was: swap(x,y))