Porting Date Time C stuff to ISE Eiffel
Author Message
 Porting Date Time C stuff to ISE Eiffel

I am trying to port the excellent date and time cluster from the
Univertisy of Wales College from Tower Eiffel to ISE Eiffel.

The main problem is the use of inline C code in the Tower version.

For example, to read the system time into an array and then get the
year the code uses:

 frozen c_read_time(t:POINTER) is
      external "CINLINE:<time.h>"
      alias "time((long*)`t`)"
      end;

 frozen c_getyear (t:POINTER) :INTEGER is
      external "CINLINE:<time.h>"
      alias "localtime((long*)`t`)->tm_year+1900"
      end;

What would the equivalent be in ISE Eiffel where you cannot have
inline C code like this?

I would have to link in external object code, but how do I write the C
code?

Thanks for any replies,
Glenn.

PS.  I you are interested the date time cluster is available through
http (Mosaic) at the Eiffel home page:

        http://www.*-*-*.com/

--
Glenn Maughan ---------------------------------------------------------------
Object Technology Group, PhD Student | Ph:    +613 90-32660

Fri, 31 Jan 1997 19:50:52 GMT

1. ISE date/time classes

2. time/date in ISE 3.1

3. ISE Eiffel 5.x : time cluster

4. Create Time / date or Modified Time / date of a txt file

5. convert labview date/time to excel date/time

6. DOS compressed date/time into real date/time

7. ISE/IBM Announcement for ISE Eiffel on IBM Mainframe

8. How can I ask LV to leave my design time stuff separate from runtime stuff

9. Request for ISE post of Eiffel lex/parser for Eiffel

10. ISE Eiffel vs. Visual Eiffel

11. Has anyone seen the ISE whitepaper on an Eiffel date/time cluster? ...