Eiffel and "raw" data storage
Author Message
 Eiffel and "raw" data storage

Friends--

I don't have all the Eiffel books yet (The Libraries and The Environment are on
order), and I'm curious about the following:

Lets say I was writing my own graphics classes on top of Eiffel, with classes
like COLOR, COLOR_TABLE, CANVAS, POINT, etc. Now, suppose I want the ability to
have CANVASses that are bitmaps (1 bit), or pixmaps (gray, RGB, HSV, etc.). I'm
going to want to allocate a contiguous block of memory for the pixels and then
to access it on a bit/byte level.

Are there classes in the libraries that allow this? I don't recall seeing a
mechanism for this in Eiffel: The Language (not that there necessarily should
be one there).

Thanks,

--Gregor N. Purdy
President, Contemporary Design Studios

Sun, 26 Feb 1995 10:46:11 GMT

1. DB2 joins w/"standard" working-storage

2. Using "redefines" in working storage section

3. "BY CONTENT" Storage Area Question

4. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

6. What is the different between "Internal Data Width" and "Data Bus Width"?

7. Building a "record" in Eiffel

8. Obvious Fake (was "Record in Eiffel")

9. Who is working on "Visual Eiffel"?

10. "Eiffel: The Language" available in French

11. "Eiffel in Education" ***UPDATE***

12. UK&I EIG meeting: "Eiffel in Education", Bristol, 16th March