Portablity Questions: INTEGER_8, 16, 64 and bit manipulation
Author Message
 Portablity Questions: INTEGER_8, 16, 64 and bit manipulation

Can anyone give me some information on the portablity
of the (INTEGER_8, 16, 64) classes from ISE:

        1) Are these classes standard?
        2) Will SmallEiffel support them in the future?

Also, the bit manipulation functions -- bit_(and, or,
xor, not, shift ...) are also defined for all the
classes INTEGER_8, 16, 64 in ISE's base library.
Still the questions:

        1) Are they standard?
        2) Will SmallEiffel support them?

Thanks.

(P.S. Is it a shame that I have to ask these questions
about such basic types as an Integer?  Is there any
hope that Eiffel library will be standardlized?)

Mon, 12 Apr 2004 08:49:44 GMT
 Portablity Questions: INTEGER_8, 16, 64 and bit manipulation

Quote:

> Can anyone give me some information on the portablity
> of the (INTEGER_8, 16, 64) classes from ISE:

>         1) Are these classes standard?
No
>         2) Will SmallEiffel support them in the future?

Ask the SmallEiffel Developers
Quote:

> Also, the bit manipulation functions -- bit_(and, or,
> xor, not, shift ...) are also defined for all the
> classes INTEGER_8, 16, 64 in ISE's base library.
> Still the questions:

>         1) Are they standard?
no
>         2) Will SmallEiffel support them?

see above

Quote:
> (P.S. Is it a shame that I have to ask these questions
> about such basic types as an Integer?  Is there any
> hope that Eiffel library will be standardlized?)

They are (at least some of them) look for NICE and visit
www.gobosoft.com the standard is called ELKS

Regards
Friedrich

Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:27:57 GMT

1. A 16 bit restriction (!) in 64 bit Fortran

2. 64-Bit Hexadecimal to 64-Bit Binary

3. x86-64 performance: 32 bit vs 64 bit

4. 16 bit * 16 bit

5. Mixed 16-bit, 32-bit programming question

6. Python on 64 bit/IA-64 ...

7. Division 32-Bit/32-Bit with 16-Bit Register

8. 8/16/32/64, was Re: Stream_IO

9. Dividing 128 bit by 64 bit numbers

10. 68020/i486 64 bit mul/div question

11. 64 bit index of the low bit

12. first bit set in a 64 bit integer...