"ep": Bad News
Author Message
 "ep": Bad News

We regret to inform, that we have to delay the announced port of the Eiffel-3
front-end parser "ep" to MS-DOS for indefinite time due to shortage of time
and project resources.

(We encountered unexpected problems in using the MS-DOS version of the
compiler generator we used to implement "ep" in conjunction with the tool
specifications, which have been designed for an Unix environment.)

For those interested we offer an unreleased MS-DOS version of "ep" that
does not include the handling of binary coded abstract syntax trees, but
supports handling of ASCII coded abstract syntax trees. (Send mail to

This does not affect our plans to keep "ep" in line with upcoming NICE syntax
standard.

Opposed to previous plans we will publish the specifications (for scanner,
parser and abstract syntax tree generator) in autumn as a technical report
of Freie Universitaet Berlin.

Best regards,
  Olaf Langmack,
  Burghardt Groeber.

--
oL
    Olaf Langmack Cranachstrasse 12 D-12157 Berlin

    +49-30-8555165

Sun, 18 Feb 1996 20:38:28 GMT

2. Printing "bad" font

3. "Bad Managers" website

4. "bad file descriptor" from tcp sockets

5. "bad synchronous description" in Xilinx WebPack

6. Checking strings for "bad" characters

7. What is "BAD ASSUMPTION"?

8. bad option "identify"

9. bad option "_scrollWidget" when Freewrapped

10. "Bad DLL calling convention" error

11. "Bad listbox index ..." error

12. Error:bad text index ""