 +++GET YOUR FREE PENTIUM CELERON-300+++____________________________________________________________________________________________e45u89et rijeetoeirtj erioyopwij45o rtio

>Submit a simple form to order your Celeron-300MHz PC
>               FOR ONLY $9.99
So I type in  the JUST THE URL and I get this:
///////////////////////////////////////
You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the
credentials you supplied.

----

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try
to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may
be listed on the 63.71.76.38 home page.

You can click  Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer
/////////////////////////////////////////
So, my confidence is high....<BigSarcasticGrin> This kinda stuff has just
gotta make you laugh. Do they really think we're THAT STUPID? I work with 12
year olds who know better, and one day, they'll be in the position to run
the show.... thank god.

--

-Dirk

[FUNCky Support Team]
[dLESKO Inc.]

 <-- Got FUNCky? Get it now at http://www.funcky.com. FUNCky Rocks! -->

Quote:

> >=====================================================
> >Submit a simple form to order your Celeron-300MHz PC
> >               FOR ONLY $9.99
> >*****************************************************
> >CLICK HERE: http://63.71.76.38/reg_form_eng/index.htm

> Everyone knows that this is a scam...right?

yes - be very, very careful

Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 +++GET YOUR FREE PENTIUM CELERON-300+++____________________________________________________________________________________________e45u89et rijeetoeirtj erioyopwij45o rtio
What's bugging me is that, using Outlook Express, when the message first
appeared in the preview panel it automatically triggered my browser it went
to their web site.  I'm concerned that it carried with it my email address
and heaven knows what else about me.  Plus, what is this {*filter*}in the subject
line?...

___e45u89et rijeetoeirtj erioyopwij45o rtio

I am deadly tired of all the invasions of my privacy these days.  I tried
turning off cookies, but hardly anything on the web works without them.
Ditto Java.  Every day, 20 or more spams... I guess the only way to fight
back is get a disposable email address and change it frequently.

-=RAP=-

Quote:
> So I type in  the JUST THE URL and I get this:
> ///////////////////////////////////////
> You are not authorized to view this page
> You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the
> credentials you supplied.

> ----

> If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please
try
> to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that
may
> be listed on the 63.71.76.38 home page.

> You can click  Search to look for information on the Internet.

> HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
> Internet Explorer
> /////////////////////////////////////////
> So, my confidence is high....<BigSarcasticGrin> This kinda stuff has just
> gotta make you laugh. Do they really think we're THAT STUPID? I work with
12
> year olds who know better, and one day, they'll be in the position to run
> the show.... thank god.

> --

> -Dirk

> [FUNCky Support Team]
> [dLESKO Inc.]

>  <-- Got FUNCky? Get it now at http://www.*-*-*.com/ . FUNCky Rocks! -->

> > >=====================================================
> > >Submit a simple form to order your Celeron-300MHz PC
> > >               FOR ONLY $9.99
> > >*****************************************************
> > >CLICK HERE: http://www.*-*-*.com/

>I am deadly tired of all the invasions of my privacy these days.  I tried
>turning off cookies, but hardly anything on the web works without them.

You can install a program that 'spoofs' cookies. They work well.

Quote:
>Ditto Java.  Every day, 20 or more spams...

Java can be turned off. Java Script (in IE4.0) can not?
Everybody got tips?

-marcel

Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 +++GET YOUR FREE PENTIUM CELERON-300+++____________________________________________________________________________________________e45u89et rijeetoeirtj erioyopwij45o rtio

Quote:
> I am deadly tired of all the invasions of my privacy these days.  I
tried
> turning off cookies, but hardly anything on the web works without
them.
> Ditto Java.  Every day, 20 or more spams... I guess the only way to
fight
> back is get a disposable email address and change it frequently.

Ain't it the truth.

However, disposable e-mail addresses (Hotmail, E{*filter*}, Yahoo,
etc.), along with breeding grounds for spammers (AOL), are
sometimes trashed by ISPs or e-mail reviewers.

One service I've had fun with is found at
www.spamcop.net. You can paste a spam onto a form
and they'll dig out to whom to send replies. For a (tiny)
fee, they can interpose themselves in your mail stream
and automatically a)filter the spam, b) {*filter*} to the ISPs
responsible.

Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 +++GET YOUR FREE PENTIUM CELERON-300+++____________________________________________________________________________________________e45u89et rijeetoeirtj erioyopwij45o rtio
Yes, this also happened to me.  I don't like automatic application
launching, and the subject line in the post is just ridiculous.

Quote:
> What's bugging me is that, using Outlook Express, when the message first
> appeared in the preview panel it automatically triggered my browser it
went
> to their web site.  I'm concerned that it carried with it my email address
> and heaven knows what else about me.  Plus, what is this {*filter*}in the
subject
> line?...

Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 +++GET YOUR FREE PENTIUM CELERON-300+++____________________________________________________________________________________________e45u89et rijeetoeirtj erioyopwij45o rtio
Richard,

I agree with you...

Too much stuff running automatically inside those MS programs, much
info (and possibilities) easily accessed from the outside (the web).

Maybe they could rename it Inlook <g>

If technology aware people can sometimes be fooled, what could be said
about the average house-hold PC user, hapily spending his/her money
over the web?!

There's a jungle out there and only the predators know it...

Adriano

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:14:11 -0500, "Richard Press"

Quote:

>What's bugging me is that, using Outlook Express, when the message first
>appeared in the preview panel it automatically triggered my browser it went
>to their web site.  I'm concerned that it carried with it my email address
>and heaven knows what else about me.  Plus, what is this {*filter*}in the subject
>line?...

>___e45u89et rijeetoeirtj erioyopwij45o rtio

>I am deadly tired of all the invasions of my privacy these days.  I tried
>turning off cookies, but hardly anything on the web works without them.
>Ditto Java.  Every day, 20 or more spams... I guess the only way to fight
>back is get a disposable email address and change it frequently.

>-=RAP=-

Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 +++GET YOUR FREE PENTIUM CELERON-300+++____________________________________________________________________________________________e45u89et rijeetoeirtj erioyopwij45o rtio
What version of outlook express? From the length of the subject string it
appears that they might be using a buffer overrun type bug in OE

--

-Dirk

[FUNCky Support Team]
[dLESKO Inc.]

 <-- Got FUNCky? Get it now at http://www.funcky.com. FUNCky Rocks! -->

Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

 [ 41 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2] [3]

5. +++GET YOUR FREE PENTIUM CELERON-300

6. Infos about: +++GET YOUR FREE PENTIUM CELERON-300+++

7. +++GET YOUR FREE PENTIUM CELERON-300

8. +++GET YOUR FREE PENTIUM CELERON-300

9. +++GET YOUR FREE PENTIUM CELERON-300

10. Clipper Applications on a Celeron 300 Mhz

11. Floating Point Exception on Pentium 300

12. Integer divide by 0 with Pentium II 300 Mhz