xml parser for eiffel?
Author Message
 xml parser for eiffel?

Hi,

is there any XML Parser for Eiffel available? I think it won't be a great
effort to write one using GOBO, but of course I would prefere to reuse
code (:

thanks in advance,
Andreas

Thu, 28 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 xml parser for eiffel?

Quote:

> Hi,

> is there any XML Parser for Eiffel available? I think it won't be a great
> effort to write one using GOBO, but of course I would prefere to reuse
> code (:

There sure is. It's called EXPAT. It's just written in this low-level
code (C), and needs a nice OO wrapper. If you need some inspiration on
an OO wrapper, it's already being used in Mozilla, Perl and Python.

It's written by James Clark. You should be able to locate it pretty
easily.

Loryn Jenkins

Thu, 28 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 xml parser for eiffel?

Quote:

>> is there any XML Parser for Eiffel available? I think it won't be a great
>> effort to write one using GOBO, but of course I would prefere to reuse
>> code (:

>There sure is. It's called EXPAT. It's just written in this low-level
>code (C), and needs a nice OO wrapper. If you need some inspiration on
>an OO wrapper, it's already being used in Mozilla, Perl and Python.

In case nobody else mentions it in this thread, Andreas has
already (!) written a wrapper for expat called eXML.  It's here:

        http://wex.ml.org/exml

Patrick Doyle                      TINCC

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Validation with XML Schemas with Clarion 5.5 and Microsoft XML Parser 4.0

2. Validating XML-parser using XML Schema?

3. Anyone using CL-XML(a xml parser)?

4. Request for ISE post of Eiffel lex/parser for Eiffel

5. S: Eiffel parser in Eiffel

6. Look for XML Parsers for VA/Smalltalk V4.5 and VisualWorks V3.0

7. need an XML parser

8. XML Parser available?

9. Smalltalk XML parser

10. XML parser for Smalltalk

11. XML-Parser for VW252

12. XML.Parser: Unhandled exception: Unrecognized transfer protocol