Progressive Daycare Promoting Eiffel For Children?
Author Message
 Progressive Daycare Promoting Eiffel For Children?

I was picking up my daughter from daycare yesterday when I noticed
a new cardboard box with a yellow sign on it.  The sign read:

    OOSC Reading Books

I couldn't resist going over and checking to see if the box was full
of copies of Bertrand Meyer's tome.

Unfortunately, OOSC, in this case, stood for "Out-Of-School Care",
and the box did not contain a single copy of "Object-Oriented
Software Construction."  Ironically though, it did contain a copy
of Watty Piper's "The Little Engine That Could".

I felt compelled to share. :-)

Ken Carpenter

Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Progressive Daycare Promoting Eiffel For Children?

Quote:

> I felt compelled to share. :-)

Thank you for sharing, Kenny. That's a good boy. :)

I hope you realise you have just made the Cetus-Links Eiffel
(http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_eiffel.html) "Fun Link of the Week".
Check next Sunday evening, and you'll see your post linked for eternal
fame.

Loryn Jenkins
Maintainer, Cetus-Links Eiffel pages.

Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Progressive Daycare Promoting Eiffel For Children?

Quote:

>I hope you realise you have just made the Cetus-Links Eiffel
>(http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_eiffel.html) "Fun Link of the Week".
>Check next Sunday evening, and you'll see your post linked for eternal
>fame.

I laughed too, which worried me.  When I start laughing at "programmer's
humour", I know being certified as a geek is not far off.

--

Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Progressive Daycare Promoting Eiffel For Children?

Maybe you should leave a copy of OOSC.  After all separating
all actions into Commands and Queries is how most parents
operate!  Now if we could just get the kids to recognize
Design by Contract being a parent would be much easier!

Alex Lindsay
Automation Software Manager

Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Interesting Project (And an Excellent Project for Promoting Eiffel)

2. Promoting Eiffel

3. how to promote Eiffel

4. Sather, Eiffel's child?

5. Progressive slowdown

6. Adding Child Record to a Child file during Update

7. Distorting Dewey Progressive ideals, lost in translation

8. Progressive VRML paper

9. need help with getting children node name from children changed event

10. Advocate Media/The Northeast Progressive Advocate Journal/San Francisco Bay

11. Wanted : Reversi / using alfa-beta (+ progressive deepening)

12. parent-child's child process interaction