weird backspace behaviour in X-app running Solaris 2.6
Author Message
 weird backspace behaviour in X-app running Solaris 2.6

Quote:

> I installed Solaris 2.6 last weekend and everything went fairly well. I
> now notice a strange behaviour in our 3rd party development environment,
> ISE Eiffel.
> The environment has an integrated text editor/compiler/de{*filter*} called
> ebench. When I use the text editor's backspace key I get the following
> behaviour:

> Press the backspace key ===> Deletes the character before the cursor (as
> it should), but also steps one character to the right.
> Select five characters with the mouse and press the backspace key ==>
> Deletes the selected five characters and jumps five characters to the
> right.
> You get the picture....

This is the first time something like this has been reported for Solaris
although we have seen similar problems with Linux. A temporary solution
is to adapt the .Xdefaults file (we have sent the details to Mr.
Ferner).
The deeper problem is some incompatibility between X Windows versions;
we are investigating. If you encounter similar problems please write

--
Bertrand Meyer, ISE Inc.
ISE Building, 2nd floor, 270 Storke Road, Goleta CA 93117

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 07 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tcl/Tk8.0p2 weird behaviour under Solaris 2.5.1 and Solaris 2.6

2. Problem running Ruby script on Solaris 2.6

3. Old awk on Solaris 2.6 & no error

4. Labview 5.0.1 demo on Solaris 2.6 box

5. Labview 5.0.1 demo on Solaris 2.6 box

6. Problem with Ruby v1.67 on Solaris 2.6

7. Can't build Ruby 1.6.1 on Sparc Solaris 2.6

8. Is anywhere GNAT port for Solaris 2.6 x86?

9. Gnat 3.10p for Sparc Solaris 2.6

10. Ada for SOLARIS 2.6

11. Q: linking Python 1.5.2 on Solaris 2.6 w/ pthreads

12. Python & wxPython on Solaris 2.6