ISE or Visual Eiffel?
Author Message
 ISE or Visual Eiffel?

Having spent a fair amount of my last vacation poring over
deprecations of C++ and learning about Eiffel, I've made the decision
to switch to Eiffel as my primary development language (no applause
necessary).  However, I'm having trouble deciding whether to go with
ISE Eiffel or Sigco's Visual Eiffel.

Our primary product for the foreseeable future is high-performance
games in the Windows 95/NT environment, so compatibility with
Windows-style DLLs and ActiveX components is a must-- but we may be
going multiplatform in the future, so that's a consideration.  I've
fired questions at both companies, and they are being quite helpful
indeed.  I've looked at the Visual Eiffel demo, but may not have time
(I'm trying to decide by the end of the month) to do a good personal
analysis of both products.

What I'd really like now is input from those of you out there who have
used both environments and worked with both companies and could offer
some advice on this matter (development environments, upgrade
policies, speed of generated code, debugging abilities, both
on-console and remote, etc).  They both look like fine environments
backed by good companies, so I doubt I can really go wrong, but I'd
like to make as informed a decision as possible.

Thanks very much for your decision.  Please reply quickly!

-->VPutz

Sun, 14 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ISE or Visual Eiffel?

Quote:

>Subject: ISE or Visual Eiffel?
>Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 04:05:21 GMT
>Having spent a fair amount of my last vacation poring over
>deprecations of C++ and learning about Eiffel, I've made the decision
>to switch to Eiffel as my primary development language (no applause
>necessary).  However, I'm having trouble deciding whether to go with
>ISE Eiffel or Sigco's Visual Eiffel.

Sorry I can't help you, but would be very intereyed in hearing your decision
and your experience, if you don't mind posting them,
thanks,
David

Mon, 15 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. ISE Eiffel vs. Visual Eiffel

2. Visual Eiffel now available from ISE

3. Q about using Visual C++ as back end for ISE Eiffel

4. Which is better - ISE's product or Visual Eiffel

5. ISE/IBM Announcement for ISE Eiffel on IBM Mainframe

6. Request for ISE post of Eiffel lex/parser for Eiffel

7. Eiffel F & Visual Eiffel

8. ISE Eiffel & Visual Eiffel differences ?

9. ISE Eiffel 4 gripes

10. ISE Eiffel for Win32

11. Forthcoming releases of ISE Eiffel 4