operator overloading and user definable operators.
Author Message
 operator overloading and user definable operators.

I am keen to find anyone who has any reference material or knows of
any reference material in the area of operator overloading and the
ability to allow the programmer to have user-definable operators.

I am particularly interested in the areas of how these are handled
with inheritance and the methods used for allowing there definition.

Any information that can be forwarded would be appreciated.

Cameron

_____________
Cameron McKay
Department of Computer Science
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
GPO Box 2476V
Melbourne Australia 3001.

Tue, 20 Aug 1996 08:14:45 GMT
 operator overloading and user definable operators.

Quote:

> I am keen to find anyone who has any reference material or knows of
> any reference material in the area of operator overloading and the
> ability to allow the programmer to have user-definable operators.

> I am particularly interested in the areas of how these are handled
> with inheritance and the methods used for allowing there definition.

> Any information that can be forwarded would be appreciated.

> Cameron

Lippman's "C++ Primer, 2nd Edition", in my opinion is overall
a great reference book for the language.  He definitely discusses operator
overloading in the book.  Here is the book's info for ordering purposes:

Lippman, Stanley B., "C++ Primer", 2nd Edition, 1991, Addison-Wesley
ISBN:0-201-54848-8

Hope this helps.
--
Michael A. Walker
New York University

==============================================------------------------8-;

cr,ci,zr,zi,temp,cx,cy;
for(y=30;puts(""),cy=y*0.1-1.5,y-->=0;){for(x=0;cx=x*0.04-2,zr=0,zi=0,x++<75;)
{for(cr=cx,ci=cy,k=0;temp=zr*zr-zi*zi+cr,zi=2*zr*zi+ci,zr=temp,k<112;k++)
if(zr*zr+zi*zi>10)break;printf("%c",b[k%16]);}}}      /*  try this on for
size!!  */

Wed, 21 Aug 1996 07:12:48 GMT
 operator overloading and user definable operators.
By a book

Wed, 21 Aug 1996 17:33:35 GMT

1. User definable operators

2. Overloading logical operators and bitwise operators

3. Operator overload of base operator and compiler diagnostic

4. Definable operators

5. Definable operators

6. Definable operators (was: Problems with Hardware, Languages, and Compilers)

7. OPERATOR (was: Why no ** operator in Modula2?)

8. Aliases for operators, creating new operators

9. operator overloading

10. Errorhadler- overload operators (how to?)

11. Overloading operators with Clipper

12. VO: Operator overloading (babble)