ise {DATE_TIME}
Author Message
 ise {DATE_TIME}

Feature make_from_string takes as its second argument a string defining the
format. Does anyone know how to specify that the date time string contains
fractions?
E.g. a date time string with no fractions may be formatted this way
"yyyy/[0]mm/[0]dd hh:[0]mi:[0]ss", but I can't find out how to specify that
the string contains fractions (i.e. thousands).

TIA

-- eirik

"If I can't Eiffel in heaven, I won't go"

Sat, 27 Mar 2004 22:47:42 GMT
 ise {DATE_TIME}
Here is what the DATE_TIME_TOOLS class, of cluster TIME.FORMAT.ENGLISH, "says"
about date_time formatting.

Extracted from the "Eiffel Developer Help Center 1.0" of EiffelStudio (Windows)
:

<code>

class interface
     DATE_TIME_TOOLS

feature

     Date_default_format_string: STRING is "[0]mm/[0]dd/yyyy"

     days_text: ARRAY [STRING]

     Default_format_string: STRING is "[0]mm/[0]dd/yyyy hh12:[0]mi:[0]ss.ff3"

<snip/>

     Time_default_format_string: STRING is "hh12:[0]mi:[0]ss.ff3"

end -- class DATE_TIME_TOOLS
</code>

It seems that the fractional part can be tailored to specific needs by
specifying the
number significant digits for the fine_seconds (ff).
In this class there are 3 of them.

Hope this helps.
Regards,

Paul G. Crismer

Eirik Mangseth a crit :

Quote:
> Feature make_from_string takes as its second argument a string defining the
> format. Does anyone know how to specify that the date time string contains
> fractions?
> E.g. a date time string with no fractions may be formatted this way
> "yyyy/[0]mm/[0]dd hh:[0]mi:[0]ss", but I can't find out how to specify that
> the string contains fractions (i.e. thousands).

> TIA

> -- eirik

> "If I can't Eiffel in heaven, I won't go"

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 02:51:55 GMT
 ise {DATE_TIME}

Quote:
> Here is what the DATE_TIME_TOOLS class, of cluster TIME.FORMAT.ENGLISH,
"says"
> about date_time formatting.

> Extracted from the "Eiffel Developer Help Center 1.0" of EiffelStudio
(Windows)
> :

> <code>

> class interface
>      DATE_TIME_TOOLS

> feature

>      Date_default_format_string: STRING is "[0]mm/[0]dd/yyyy"

>      days_text: ARRAY [STRING]

>      Default_format_string: STRING is "[0]mm/[0]dd/yyyy

hh12:[0]mi:[0]ss.ff3"

Quote:

> <snip/>

>      Time_default_format_string: STRING is "hh12:[0]mi:[0]ss.ff3"

> end -- class DATE_TIME_TOOLS
> </code>

> It seems that the fractional part can be tailored to specific needs by
> specifying the
> number significant digits for the fine_seconds (ff).
> In this class there are 3 of them.

> Hope this helps.

It sure does.

Quote:
> Regards,

> Paul G. Crismer

Eirik

> Eirik Mangseth a crit :

> > Feature make_from_string takes as its second argument a string defining
the
> > format. Does anyone know how to specify that the date time string
contains
> > fractions?
> > E.g. a date time string with no fractions may be formatted this way
> > "yyyy/[0]mm/[0]dd hh:[0]mi:[0]ss", but I can't find out how to specify
that
> > the string contains fractions (i.e. thousands).

> > TIA

> > -- eirik

> > "If I can't Eiffel in heaven, I won't go"

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 13:57:17 GMT

1. Error in ISE's date_time class?

2. ISE/IBM Announcement for ISE Eiffel on IBM Mainframe

3. ISE for Win / ISE for UNIX - PROBELSM!!

4. ISE Eiffel 4 gripes

5. ISE Eiffel for Win32

6. Forthcoming releases of ISE Eiffel 4

7. where is the doc in ISE Eiffel?

8. possible to run ISE Eiffel 4 from CD?

9. FILE class ISE eiffel

10. Help with ISE EiffelVision

11. ISE Eiffel Vs 4