Eiffel Parser required
Author Message
 Eiffel Parser required

Has anybody constructed a freely available Parser for the Eiffel
Language? Preferably using Eiffel or some object language,  but a
YACCable grammar would be useful too.

I'm interested in any of the language versions (1,  2.1,  2.3,  3)  and
I'm also obviously interested in where I can get my hands on the code.

Regards
--

..Arrive without travelling, see all without looking...

Mon, 23 Oct 1995 19:13:36 GMT
 Eiffel Parser required

Quote:

>Has anybody constructed a freely available Parser for the Eiffel
>Language? Preferably using Eiffel or some object language,  but a
>YACCable grammar would be useful too.

>I'm interested in any of the language versions (1,  2.1,  2.3,  3)  and
>I'm also obviously interested in where I can get my hands on the code.

Ok,

 I knew I'd have to announce this sometime this is sooner than I'd like.

 I have just completed a version of an Eiffel 3 parser in Eiffel/S
as well as one for PDL's.

 I'd like to know if people would like to take the testing further than
I have.  In the process I have also found some problems with language
definitions for the PDL syntax also Eiffel's free operators, if someone
from NICE could tell me where to send the problems to I'd appreciate it.

 The parser is still being worked on so that it can provide tools for
formatting code (using at least TeX), pretty printing it (possibly) and
doing a short of a class.  Some of it is not clean due to the ongoing
work.

 Any interested parties please contact me via e-mail.  If I get enough
interest I'll put it in an archive and starting putting versions details
in comments for the classes (about 30 of them).

Regards
 David
--

            | Po Box 123 Broadway NSW 2007    | Ph: + 61 2 330 1864   /      \
            | 15-73 Broadway Sydney           | Fax: +61 2 330 1807   \_.--._/
"I paid good money to get my opinions; you get them for free"               v

Tue, 24 Oct 1995 06:46:00 GMT
 Eiffel Parser required
A fast and correct Eiffel-3 Parser is available at

  ftp.fu-berlin.de:/pub/unix/lang/heron/ep.tar.Z
  ftp.psg.com:~/pub/eiffel/ep.tar.Z
  ftp.zrz.tu-berlin.de:~ftp/pub/unix/lang/eiffel/ep.tar.Z

for details,

Olaf Langmack

Tue, 31 Oct 1995 23:56:28 GMT

1. Request for ISE post of Eiffel lex/parser for Eiffel

2. S: Eiffel parser in Eiffel

3. Expression/equation parser/evaluator required

4. Eiffel parser or grammar

5. Eiffel parser for SNiFF+

6. Eiffel help required.

7. Eiffel System Developers Required

8. Eon/Eiffel - help required with development

9. eiffel parser (1.0) bug

10. Eiffel Parser and Formal Semantics

11. Eiffel-3 Parser Test

12. Eiffel validation suite required