Code Size (was: Re: Interest for an Oracle OCI mapping ?)
Author Message
 Code Size (was: Re: Interest for an Oracle OCI mapping ?)

Quote:

> I wrote most of the ~30K lines of C code of this project
>and was always thinking "How easy it would be in Dylan!" or "If
>only we could use Dylan, then...". So I decided to actually
>rewrite the whole thing in Dylan and compare the results...

Yes?  Go on.  The results were?

On top of everything else, I'm collecting info on code size.
I'd be very curious to know what the 30K loc of C translated
into in Dylan.  And then, of course, there are the performance
questions.

Tue, 11 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Code Size (was: Re: Interest for an Oracle OCI mapping ?)

Quote:

> On top of everything else, I'm collecting info on code size.

These programs have been translated into a number of languages, including Dylan:

  http://www.infinet.com/~btobin/perf.html
  http://www.azstarnet.com/~dmcclain/LanguageStudy.html

Also there are the DetlaBlue and Richards benchmarks which Harlequin
hasn't released yet.

--

Dylan... the high-performance dynamic language
 * open-source Unix version:  http://www.gwydiondylan.org/

Tue, 11 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Interest for an Oracle OCI mapping ?

2. Success in buying just the OCI from Oracle?

3. Oracle OCI-Class?

4. a trivial Oracle OCI-8 question

5. Oracle Call Interface (OCI) for Ada95

6. Oracle 8 OCI

7. OCI library for Oracle 8.1.5 linking with Tcl

8. Linking Oracle 8.1.5 OCI Libraries to Tcl

9. Oratcl, Oracle Version 8 OCI, and external procedures

10. Oracle OCI in VB

11. OE with Oracle OCI 7.3.2 on IBM AIX

12. Oracle Objects - Interesting Question