any database engine in Dylan ?
Author Message
 any database engine in Dylan ?

are there any database engine ( even small !) written in Dylan ?

is there anybody using Apple Dylan in a sort of professionnal way ?

thanks.

Thu, 31 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 any database engine in Dylan ?
I have created an OLE interface to Microsofts ADO 1.5. This interface also
uses local cacheing of DISPID's so that the lookup traffic is dramatically
reduced. The simple test program that I wrote to extract and enumerate all
items of a 50 member data base called the OLE interface some 150 times or
so, but only had to do DISPID lookup around 14 times. This is based on a
slight tuning modification of the Harlequin OLE interface.

And yes, I am using Dylan professionally, but I am not a software reseller.
I need to use it to support my data collection and analysis duties at my
job. At this point most of the work in Dylan is still experimental.

David McClain
Sr. Scientist
Raytheon Missile Systems Co.
Tucson, AZ

Quote:

>are there any database engine ( even small !) written in Dylan ?

>is there anybody using Apple Dylan in a sort of professionnal way ?

>thanks.

Thu, 31 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Freeware BTree Database Engine for PowerBasic apps !

2. C/S Database Engine Recommendations

3. Microsoft Database Engine

4. ANN: Gadfly Free SQL Relational Database Engine in Python

5. bullet database engine

6. ANN: Bullet/REXX database (DBF/DBT/IX3) engine (free)

7. "Viper" PD database engine

8. ANNOUNCEMENT: Bullet/REXX database engine for OS/2 (GAMMA)

9. Database search engine

10. MUMPS-like database engine for Python

11. Single-file database engine

12. database engine for tcl