Functional Developer tip
Author Message
 Functional Developer tip

I'm sure this is common knowledge, but for all the time I've been
using Functional Developer I didn't know I could do this so I thought
I'd post it.

When debugging multi-threaded applications you can use the interactor
while all your threads are running. For example, I have a 'scheduler'
thread that runs things at certain times or after a particular
<duration>. I have other threads that add/remove items for the
scheduler to handle.

Running the application in the de{*filter*}, I thought I had to pause the
application to do anything with the interactor. Pausing the
application paused all threads. But if I use 'Threads/Select
Thread...' from the menu I can choose from a list of threads. Choosing
the 'Interactive Thread 1' thread allows me to enter interactor
commands while all threads are running. So I can manipulate the
scheduler from the interactor while it is running. Neat.

Chris.
--
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:26:43 GMT

1. TIP #81: [incr Tcl] Functional Areas for Maintainer Assignments

2. TIP #23: Tk Toolkit Functional Areas for Maintainer Assignments

3. TIP #16: Tcl Functional Areas for Maintainer Assignments (LONG)

4. TIP #92: Move Package Load Decisions to Application Developer

5. Functional Developer for Linux [Alpha 2] now available

6. Functional Developer UNICODE support + source?

7. Interpreting error messages in Functional Developer

8. Status of unix port of Functional Developer

9. HTML Tidy Wrapper for Functional Developer

10. big nums for functional developer

11. Functional Developer in Byte

12. Functional Developer 2.0 is Now Available!