HELP! Apple Dylan TR problem
Author Message
 HELP! Apple Dylan TR problem

Hi,

I recently received the Apple Dylan TR, installed it, and tried to compile the
``puzzle'' demo.  I say `tried', because I couldn't compile it.  From what the
manual says, I shouldn't have to compile at all, since the project is already
precompiled, but the TR insists that I do anyway.  After about 15-20 minutes, a
dialog pops up telling me that a serious error has occured and that I can retry
or copy an error description to the clipboard.  That's it, dead end from here.
The same thing happens with all the other demo projects I've tried.

I've reinstalled the whole package according to instructions -- same thing.

The only clue I have is that both the ``dylan'' and ``mac-toolbox'' libraries
appear with a question mark on their icons because the TR can't find them, and I
have to manually select the projects using the usual file selector box.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?  [I figured this would be a better place
to ask than tech support, seeing how much energy goes into Dylan at Apple these
days <sigh>.]

Thanks in advance for your troubles,
Chris

--

                                    ``May you code in interesting times''
                                              -- Anonymous, hidden in MacOS

Fri, 06 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP! Apple Dylan TR problem

Quote:

> Hi,

> I recently received the Apple Dylan TR, installed it, and tried to compile the
> ``puzzle'' demo.  I say `tried', because I couldn't compile it.  From what the
> manual says, I shouldn't have to compile at all, since the project is already
> precompiled, but the TR insists that I do anyway.  After about 15-20 minutes, a
> dialog pops up telling me that a serious error has occured and that I can retry
> or copy an error description to the clipboard.  That's it, dead end from here.
> The same thing happens with all the other demo projects I've tried.

> I've reinstalled the whole package according to instructions -- same thing.

> The only clue I have is that both the ``dylan'' and ``mac-toolbox'' libraries
> appear with a question mark on their icons because the TR can't find them, and I
> have to manually select the projects using the usual file selector box.

> Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?  [I figured this would be a better place
> to ask than tech support, seeing how much energy goes into Dylan at Apple these
> days <sigh>.]

Did you install Dylan correctly?  There's a little step you need to do before
running Dylan, where you make alias' of some of the Dylan libaraies and place them
in your System Extensions folder.  (Then, I'd advise rebooting.)  After this,
Dylan should be able to find those libraries.  (The other alternative is to copy
those libraries into your 'puzzle' folder, but you'd start wasting lots of space
doing it this way.)

Hope this helps...

Scott Tury

Sun, 08 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Apple Dylan TR

2. CGIs in Apple Dylan TR???

3. apple dylan tr no format-out

4. Apple Dylan TR PPC Buggy?

5. How to get Apple-Dylan-TR in Europe?

6. Learning the Apple Dylan TR Framework.

7. apple dylan tr now available

8. Apple Dylan TR now available

9. Newbie problem? (Dylan TR)

10. Dylan Programming Book and Apple Dylan

11. Dylan is the Name was(Re: Dylan (Bob) eats rotten Apple (Computer))

12. HELP: Apple Dylan from MCL 3.9 won't run