Dylan briefly mentioned in /Linux Journal/
Author Message
 Dylan briefly mentioned in /Linux Journal/

Guido van Rossum (the creator of Python) was interviewed in the
December 1999 issue of /Linux Journal/.  There he mentioned Dylan as
"...everything python is plus so much more..." (pp. 113-114)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Dylan briefly mentioned in /Linux Journal/

Quote:
> Guido van Rossum (the creator of Python) was interviewed in the
> December 1999 issue of /Linux Journal/.  There he mentioned Dylan as
> "...everything Python is plus so much more..." (pp. 113-114)

Interesting, but I dunno where to get a hard copy :-\  I foundpart of it
online, though:

  http://www2.linuxjournal.com/articles/conversations/005.html

In this, he describes how great it would be, for teaching people to
program, to have an environment which could do things like "tell me all
the places where this function is used" (and he's working on something
like that for Python).  Maybe we should introduce him to FO Dylan, if he
hasn't seen it already ... :-)

Hugh

Sun, 07 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipper and Linux in the Linux Journal

2. Bjarne Stroustrup mentions Smalltalk (was java book author mentions Smalltalk)

3. Linux Journal special Smalltalk supplement

4. Linux Journal

5. PyCon article (Linux Journal)

6. Linux Journal reviews "Learning Python"

7. Linux Journal: COAS uses Python

8. Vote for Ruby in Linux Journal Poll

9. Linux Journal Ruby article

10. Ruby article in March 2002 Linux Journal

11. Ada article in Linux Journal

12. Ada and Linux Journal poll