Now parsing gtk/gtk.h
Author Message
 Now parsing gtk/gtk.h

I've nearly completed the process of grafting Melange's C parser onto my
ANSI C library. Only a few features of the original parser are missing--
evaluation of constant sizeof and cast expressions among them--but all the
major parts now work again.

As of this evening, the c-parser can correctly parse the following headers:

 * gl/gl.h from Mesa3D
 * pcre.h from the Perl-compatible regex package.
 * glib/glib.h from Glib 1.2.0
 * gdk/gdk.h and gtk/gtk.h from Gtk 1.2.0
 * The standard includes of all glibc2.0 headers on Linux. Specific glib2.0
   may still fail, of course.

All told, this amounts to tens of thousands of lines of pristine,
unmodified headers.

What's next?

 * Revisit a few design decisions in the ANSI-C library.
 * Polish the c-parser library, finalize the APIs, and get rid of the
   few remaining module-level variables that store preferences.
 * Start building the C-FFI generator.

I've gotten a simplistic C-FFI generator running, but it's only a hack. A
real implementation will need to be clever about a number of things to
produce optimal bindings.

Just for the record, Dylan is a really great language. ;-)

Cheers,
Eric

Mon, 17 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Ruby-gtk, Gtk::Text question

2. GTK an GTK ada problemes

3. cl-gtk for gtk+-1.2

4. ExternalInterface and qT (GTK)

5. GNU Smalltalk / GTK bindings?

6. Forth and Gtk?

7. lpForth with GTK example

8. Gtk+ bindings for SML/NJ

9. ANN: guis 0.2 gtk widget server (with Lua)

10. ANN: guis 0.2 gtk widget server (with Lua)

11. Ruby/GTK

12. Ruby-GTK and rubyapi2