The State of Dylan Programming
Author Message
 The State of Dylan Programming

                   ------------------------------
This document summarizes the status of the various implementations of the
Dylan programming language and provides other information relevant to the
Dylan programming community.

We want your code!
------------------
Please contribute to the Dylan community by sharing your Dylan libraries
with other Dylan programmers.  Please upload code archives and a separate
text description to:
  ftp://berlin.ccc.de/pub/gd/incoming/

Harlequin Dylan
---------------
v1.1 of Harlequin Dylan has been released, and the Harlequin team is hard
at work on the next release.  The Personal Edition of Harlequin Dylan is
available for *free* download.
  http://www.*-*-*.com/

Gwydion Dylan
-------------
v2.1.1 of Gwydion Dylan has been released.  Gwydion Dylan, an open source
implementation of Dylan for Unix-compatible operating systems, is
currently being maintained and extended by a group of volunteers. Come
join the effort!
  http://www.*-*-*.com/

Apple Dylan Technology Release
------------------------------
Project defunct, though the released development environment should still
run under current versions of MacOS.

Dylan Code Repository
---------------------
Whether you need a priority queue or just a plain old foobar, someone may
have implemented it already. Check out the Dylan Code Repository...
software reuse at its finest:
  ftp://berlin.ccc.de/pub/gd/contributions/

Recent News
-----------
* Gwydion Dylan supports MySQL database management system
* Harlequin Dylan v1.1 released
* Gwydion Dylan's Mindy ported to the BeOS

Coming Soon
-----------
* The Dylan FAQ-O-Matic

                           Keep the faith!

Sat, 12 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 The State of Dylan Programming
                   The State of Dylan Programming
                   ------------------------------
This document summarizes the status of the various implementations of the
Dylan programming language and provides other information relevant to the
Dylan programming community.

We want your code!
------------------
Please contribute to the Dylan community by sharing your Dylan libraries
with other Dylan programmers. Please upload code archives and a separate
text description to:
  ftp://berlin.ccc.de/pub/gd/incoming/

Harlequin Dylan
---------------
v1.1 of Harlequin Dylan has been released, and the Harlequin team is
hard at work on their next major release, v2.0. Harlequin Dylan, which
runs under Windows 95, 98, and NT, includes an advanced development
environment and compiler that generates native machine-code. The
Personal Edition of Harlequin Dylan is available for *free* download.
  http://www.harlequin.com/products/ads/dylan/

Gwydion Dylan
-------------
v2.1.1 of Gwydion Dylan has been released.  Gwydion Dylan, an open source
implementation of Dylan for Unix-compatible operating systems, is
currently being maintained and extended by a group of volunteers. Source
code snapshots are being released almost daily.  Come join the fun!
  http://www.randomhacks.com/dylan/

Apple Dylan Technology Release
------------------------------
Project defunct, though the released development environment should still
run under current versions of MacOS.  This screenshot shows a few of the
features of the advanced development environment:
  ftp://berlin.ccc.de/pub/gd/misc/browsers1.png

Dylan Code Repository
---------------------
Whether you need a priority queue or just a plain old foobar, someone may
have implemented it already. Check out the Dylan Code Repository...
software reuse at its finest:
  ftp://berlin.ccc.de/pub/gd/contributions/

Recent News
-----------
* Gwydion Dylan supports MySQL database management system
* Harlequin Dylan v1.1 released
* Gwydion Dylan's Mindy ported to the BeOS

Coming Soon
-----------
* The Dylan FAQ-O-Matic
* http://www.dylan-user.org

Resources
---------
* The Dylan Reference Manual
http://www.harlequin.com/products/ads/dylan/doc/drm/
* The Dylan Evangelists       http://dylan.prinz.org/
* Dylan World                 http://www-dylan.uchicago.edu/
* Dylan Exchange              http://dylanpro.com/DylanExchange.html

                           Keep the faith!

Fri, 18 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 The State of Dylan Programming

Quote:

>                    The State of Dylan Programming
>                    ------------------------------
> This document summarizes the status of the various implementations of the
> Dylan programming language and provides other information relevant to the
> Dylan programming community.

[excellent summary snipped]

It looks like somebody's got a broken return address:

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Eric

Fri, 18 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT