AppleDylan names of folders?
Author Message
 AppleDylan names of folders?

Hiya,

Does anyone know how to change the name of a module or source-folder in
Apple Dylan? The manuals say you just need to click on the name and the
namefield will become editable, but that doesn't happen for me.

Thanks,
Dirk Puis

Wed, 17 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 AppleDylan names of folders?

Hello,{*filter*}.

There is a patch for this problem.

        ftp://ftp.digitool.com/pub/dylan/

Quote:

--
Norio Kusumoto

Thu, 18 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 AppleDylan names of folders?

Quote:
>Does anyone know how to change the name of a module or source-folder in
>Apple Dylan? The manuals say you just need to click on the name and the
>namefield will become editable, but that doesn't happen for me.

The update to the PowerPC-release of Apple Dylan fixes this problem. You
can find it at:

<ftp://ftp.digitool.com/pub/dylan/apple-dylan-patch-970108.sea.hqx>

    -tre

Sat, 20 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 AppleDylan names of folders?

Hello All-

I am new to Dylan, and, well programming in general. I have learned the
basics of Java, but would like to learn a second language besides C++ or
Visual Basic. I am not very far in my Dylan research, and I'm wondering
where I might find some simple networking, i/o and gui libraries?

Thanks,
Kirk

Tue, 23 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 AppleDylan names of folders?

    Kirk> to learn a second language besides C++ or Visual Basic. I am
    Kirk> not very far in my Dylan research, and I'm wondering where I
    Kirk> might find some simple networking, i/o and gui libraries?

Get Gwydion Dylan from http://legend.gwydion.cs.cmu.edu. I assume that
you are running Windows 95 or NT. I'm not sure if the Tk library works
under Windows.

Andreas

--

Tue, 23 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 AppleDylan names of folders?

Kirk,
You should check the Apple Dylan Technology Release.
It's a sophisticated, though unsupored Dylan Development Environment.
It comes with the source to few sample Application, as well as some
libraries, so it's a good way to get your hands on a large body of
sorce code.
Apple sells it (at devworld.apple.com) for, I think, US$40 or so.
Even though it's unsupported it's an it's an immpressive product, they
spent somthing like 8 years working on it before apple finaly canned them.

Thu, 25 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. API to return folder name

2. Can't Edit Source folder names in Apple Dylan DR1

3. Dir.glob and space in folders names

4. New Folder with Random Bird Names

5. Folder with no name?

6. Folder with no name?

7. Hierarchial ListBoxes -- expanded folder inside a folder?

8. creating folders and sub folders

9. How to list files, folders and all their files under the folders

10. Free 68k AppleDylan?

11. Where to get AppleDylan

12. What is the name of the function named + ?