== true is redundant: advice to novices
Author Message
 == true is redundant: advice to novices

[cross-posted from comp.language.java]

a very easy and clever way.  Allow '?' to be part : of identifiers just
like '_'.  Ideal for predicates.  :

People are going to get sick of my 'Dylan is really cool' posts pretty
quickly, but I feel complled to mention that Dylan allows almost _any_
non-white-space character to be used for identifiers. There are all kinds
of great stylistic conventions (not enforced by the compiler) that make
for very elegant/clear code. For instance, all classes take the form
'<my_class>'. As another example, any method that can have a 'destructive'
effect on it's arguments takes the form 'method!'.

The punchline? Dylan's convention for any method that returns a
boolean: 'exists?'!

-miles

_______________________________________
Miles 'Quixotic' Parker  Washington, DC
Database/Macintosh/Internet Development

_______________________________________

Mon, 02 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help - I am a novice tcl/tk user...

2. simple RS-232 advice for labview novice

3. Novice programming books advice, please

4. True faiths ( was Re: The true faith )

5. HOW TRUE IS TRUE

6. Rise flag TRUE if at least one value in ARRAY is TRUE

7. True faiths ( was Re: The true faith )

8. why is true and false = true ?

9. True faiths ( was Re: The true faith )

10. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

11. Redundant methods

12. Redundant methods - more info