Dylan for Web Programming...
Author Message
 Dylan for Web Programming...

Hi,

Just curious.....can dylan be used for web programming..like
perl,java,tcl etc......???

i guess CGI scripting is possible....just like in other
languages...but this is not  a practical solution.......any
possibility of embedded apache support like mod_dylan maybe?????

it would be nice to have a framework for web programming like PEAR or
Mason/...this of course is easier said than done...but hey all life is
abt hoping:-)))))

regs,
ravi

Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:36:44 GMT
 Dylan for Web Programming...

Quote:

> Just curious.....can dylan be used for web programming..like
> perl,java,tcl etc......???

There's a Dylan web server and page system for Fun-Dev:

        http://carlgay.home.attbi.com/koala/

which looks very cool. There's a CGI library for Gwydion in
/contributions. Both compilers have database and XML libraries. There
are XML-RPC libraries for Fun-Dev at Chris Double's site.

Quote:
> i guess CGI scripting is possible....just like in other
> languages...but this is not  a practical solution.......any
> possibility of embedded apache support like mod_dylan maybe?????

Both Fun-Dev and Gwydion could wrap the Apache APIs, and Fun-Dev might
be able to dynamically compile scripts, but a mod_ for a compiled
language might not be so good. Maybe Koala's DSP page system could be a
mod_ so it would compile under Gwydion and run on UN*X? A mod_mindy
(Dylan interpreter) would be good but would lack macros.

- Rob.

Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:55:52 GMT
 Dylan for Web Programming...

Quote:

> i guess CGI scripting is possible....just like in other
> languages...but this is not  a practical solution.......any
> possibility of embedded apache support like mod_dylan maybe?????

I'm working on embedded Gwydion Dylan, for exactly that application :).

Andreas

--
"In my eyes it is never a crime to steal knowledge. It is a good
theft. The pirate of knowledge is a good pirate."

Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:17:19 GMT

1. Dylan Programming Book and Apple Dylan

2. Anyone seen the Apple Dylan on the web

3. Dylan-search the web quickly with Search Spaniel

4. New Dylan Web Site

5. New Dylan Web Site

6. TOOLS program available on the Web (Re: Final Program - TOOLS USA 95)

7. TOOLS program available on the Web (Re: Final Program - TOOLS USA 95)

8. Compare PHP and Python CGI Program for web Programming

9. TOOLS program available on the Web (Re: Final Program - TOOLS USA 95)

10. WEB WEB WEB

11. Dylan Programming Information

12. Socket programming in Dylan