SQL help
Author Message
 SQL help

Hi:

I'm trying to incorporate SQL into my Dylan app.
I am using the OLE Bank-Client&Server as an
example because I only have the HD Pro. version.
The OLE/Bank-Client example works, but all my
attempts to get anything working from my app
fails.

To get started with, I would like to just have
direct SQL access from my app. without the middle
tier (as found in the example).  Can anyone post
some examples of direct SQL read/write calls?

Thanks

Les

BTW: So far Dylan has really proved its worth (to
me at least) on this project. IMHO, It seems
evident to me that Dylan is significantly superior
language to C++.

Is Gwydion running on LinuxPPC reliable enough to
develop with?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 21 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL help

Quote:

> To get started with, I would like to just have
> direct SQL access from my app. without the middle
> tier (as found in the example).  Can anyone post
> some examples of direct SQL read/write calls?

Take a look at the following archived post:

http://www.deja.com/article/470933573

It shows some sql-odbc usage. A quick example of sql usage is:

with-dbms( make(<odbc-dbms> )
  with-database(
      make(<database>, datasource-name: "MyDataSource"),
      make(<user>, user-name: "", password: ""))
    let query = make(<sql-statement>, text: sql-text);
    let result-set = execute(query);
    [... whatever ...]
  end with-database;
end with-dbms;

More examples are in the post mentioned above.

Chris.

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL help

Quote:

> Is Gwydion running on LinuxPPC reliable enough to
> develop with?

Gwydion d2c seems to me to be extremely reliable, at least on the LinuxPPC
R4 and RedHat 5.2 x86 Linux that I'm using.  I've *never* seen an example
of the compiler silently producing incorrect code.

The big issue is that it's not quite complete, with limited collections
being the biggest hole (fixed real soon now, I hope).

It's also a tad slower than I'd like right now, taking 20 - 60 seconds to
compile typical programs on my 200 Mhz x86 machine.  Some of the compiler
modules themselves take up to five or six minutes each to compile.

-- Bruce

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Prop:SQL help

2. Calling variable in SQL - HELP!

3. Join SQL help

4. SQL Select Statement Help - SQL Gurus!

5. Connecting SQL server with SQL authentication

6. Clarion Pervasive.SQL(Btrieve) and Pervasive.SQL 2000

7. SQL - How to use Prop:Sql effectively

8. MS SQL 7.0 vs. MS SQL 2000

9. Pervasive.SQL(SQL) Import Table Problems

10. SQL Database creation (SQL Anywhere 5)

11. SQL Anywhere or SQL for NT?

12. embedded SQL, filename{PROP:SQL}