Mac-d2c port of Mac application in gwydion dylan archive
Author Message
 Mac-d2c port of Mac application in gwydion dylan archive

There is a Dylan conversion of a basic Macintosh application in the
'contributions' directory which just puts up a window and writes text to it.
The original C code was taken from Apple's 1.0.2 Carbon SDK and as such the
code and the accompanying toolbox wrappers need the CarbonLib tools to be
present on your development system, along with Rob Myers Mac-d2c system.

The file is in pub/gd/contributions/HelloCarbonApp.sit.hqx in any of the
gwydion dylan archive mirrors (see http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).

It is purely a 'proof of concept' and as such may not be very pretty code.

If you use Rob's hack to remove the command line dialog, I found that this
code works:

// in the main() function in inits.c
// comment out argc = ccommand(&argv)
// and add the following two lines
argc = 1;
argv[0] = "d2cApp";

Finally - its my first time posting anything I've written (so be gentle with
me!!!).

Regards
Gareth Baker

Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Mac-d2c port of Mac application in gwydion dylan archive

Quote:

> Finally - its my first time posting anything I've written (so be gentle with
> me!!!).

I'm sorry about my fantastically unsubtle supposed-to-be-constructive comments
in my last email. :-(

Have you had a chance to try Gabor's d2c plug-in yet?

- Rob.

--

MacOS wonderfulness for The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy Game.
"Arthur bought the Apple anyway."-So Long & Thanks For All The Fish.

Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Mac-d2c port of Mac application in gwydion dylan archive
Argh, wrong reply option.
That was meant to go to the sender... :-(
Sorry.

- Rob.

MacOS wonderfulness for The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy Game.
"Arthur bought the Apple anyway."-So Long & Thanks For All The Fish.

Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Porting a VisualBasic application to the mac

2. Porting VisualWorks applications - PC <-> Mac

3. Porting Clipper Application to Mac platform

4. New Release of mac-d2c

5. mac-d2c release 2 now available

6. mac-d2c

7. Mac-d2c

8. Mac-d2c

9. Mac-d2c Release 1 Now Available

10. Mac d2c

11. Expect Application port for Mac?

12. Gwydion Dylan port for BeOS available