mac-d2c release 2 now available
Author Message
 mac-d2c release 2 now available

The second release of the Gwydion Dylan Project's "d2c" Dylan-to-C
compiler for Power Macintosh is now available.

See http://www.*-*-*.com/

New in this version:

        Shared library runtime. Thanks to Gary Palter from Functional
Objects for the shared library Boehm Garbage Collector.
        Scriptable Drag & drop compiler. Thanks to Gabor Greif for
leaning on me regarding this.

Given that OS-X will soon be upon us, aside from bug fixes this will be
the last release for Classic MacOS. With Patrick Beard's Mindy
CodeWarrior plugin available, and Gabor Greif's d2c one in progress,
these "technology releases" have served their purpose. :-)

- Rob.

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 mac-d2c release 2 now available

Quote:

> The second release of the Gwydion Dylan Project's "d2c" Dylan-to-C
> compiler for Power Macintosh is now available.

Dear Rob, thanks for porting GD to the Mac.  I'm running a G4 system
(OS-9), and the mindy seems as fast as an executable (not, mind you,
that I've been creating time-critical, demanding apps).

So, does this mean you won't port to MPW?

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 mac-d2c release 2 now available

Quote:

> I'm running a G4 system (OS-9), and the mindy seems as fast as an
> executable (not, mind you,
> that I've been creating time-critical, demanding apps).

That's good. I've never actually benchmarked Mindy, but the C-code d2c
that it bootstraps runs many, many times faster.

Quote:
> So, does this mean you won't port to MPW?

I have received several requests to port to MPW, and I did finally
figure out how to get d2c to run as an MPW tool. However: the
incompatible generated C  and the lack of an easy way to use the
generated makefiles led to me deciding, just recently, to drop this.
The first Mac command-line release will now be for OS-X. If anyone knows
of a version of autoconf that knows what OS-X is, please contact me. :-)

- Rob.

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mac-d2c Release 1 Now Available

2. New Release of mac-d2c

3. Second beta release of d2c CodeWarrior plugin available

4. First beta release of d2c CodeWarrior plugin available

5. First alpha release of d2c CodeWarrior plugin available

6. Second alpha release of d2c CodeWarrior plugin available

7. Mac-d2c port of Mac application in gwydion dylan archive

8. mac-d2c

9. Mac-d2c

10. Mac-d2c

11. Mac d2c

12. Eiffel/S for the MAC - new release available