Small d2c and Harlequin Dylan incompatibility
Author Message
 Small d2c and Harlequin Dylan incompatibility

There appears to be a small incompatibility between HD and d2c. Some of the
open source (notably DUIM) in the HD 2.0 beta have header keywords that
include spaces in the source code. For example:

  "Dual License: GNU Library General Public License"

d2c complains that this is not a valid header keyword. This can be fixed in
d2c  by changing the method 'scan-keyword' in header.dylan located in
compiler/base. This method contains a local method 'repeat' with the line:

        elseif (alphanumeric?(char) | char == '-' | char == '?')

Changing this line to:

        elseif (alphanumeric?(char) | char == '-' | char == '?' | char == ' ')

and recompiling d2c allows it to handle spaces in the header keywords and
this allows d2c to get beyond the headers on the DUIM source.

Is it worthwhile someone with write access to the d2c source making this
change? Or are spaces in fact invalid and the keyword are wrong in the
source?

Chris.

Sat, 02 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Small d2c and Harlequin Dylan incompatibility

Quote:
> Is it worthwhile someone with write access to the d2c source making this
> change? Or are spaces in fact invalid and the keyword are wrong in the
> source?

According to the DRM (page 21), "A keyword is a ltter, followed by zero or
more letters, digits, and hyphens, followed by a colon."  The line from the
DUIM source in question is wrong.

Cheers,
-Peter-

Sat, 02 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Small d2c and Harlequin Dylan incompatibility

Quote:

> Is it worthwhile someone with write access to the d2c source making this
> change? Or are spaces in fact invalid and the keyword are wrong in the
> source?

Well I've made the change in the cvs, but we can always take it out if
it's wrong and Harlequin becomes convinced of that.  In the meantime,
better to be compatable with them...

-- Bruce

Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. (fwd) harlequin's dylan-corba mailing list switching to MIT's info-dylan

2. Dylan and Java [was: Harlequin Dylan - Update]

3. bugs in d2c ratio.dylan

4. Mac-d2c port of Mac application in gwydion dylan archive

5. Scheme/Dylan incompatibilities (Dyllo as a Scheme library)

6. Scheme/Dylan incompatibilities (Dyllo as a Scheme library)

7. HARLEQUIN DYLAN and C FFI

8. first attempt at Harlequin-Dylan

9. Functional Objects to take over Harlequin Dylan

10. Harlequin Dylan 2.0 beta 2 is now available

11. Future of Harlequin Dylan

12. ODBC database with Harlequin Dylan