big nums for functional developer
Author Message
 big nums for functional developer

Hi,

Does anyone have a big nums library for Functional Developer (providing
arbitrary length integer arithmetic)?

Gwydion Dylan has such a library, but it looks like it's going to take
quite a bit of tweaking to compile with FD.

The Gwydion Dylan source file is here by the way:
http://www.*-*-*.com/
ev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 03 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 big nums for functional developer
Strip out "funtional" and maybe "inline" using your find tool and you
should be halfway there. GD and Fun-Dev are very compatible at the
language (and library) level, and getting more so all the time. I don't
see anything in the file apart from the keywords that shouldn't compile
on Fun-Dev, the early bit-twiddling looks like it's all DRM calls.

- Rob.

Quote:

--
Rob Myers - http://www.robmyers.org/   H2G2 - http://www.h2g2.com/
MacOS wonderfulness for The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy Game.

Tue, 04 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 big nums for functional developer

Quote:

> Does anyone have a big nums library for Functional Developer
> (providing arbitrary length integer arithmetic)?

I haven't used FD, but the on-line documentation seems to
suggest that it comes with such a library built in:

http://www.fun-o.com/products/doc/core/core_219.htm#HEADING219-0

Neel

Tue, 04 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 big nums for functional developer

Quote:

> > Does anyone have a big nums library for Functional Developer
> > (providing arbitrary length integer arithmetic)?

> I haven't used FD, but the on-line documentation seems to
> suggest that it comes with such a library built in:

> http://www.fun-o.com/products/doc/core/core_219.htm#HEADING219-0

The library in Functional Developer that you refer to is a 64-bit
integer library with an unfortunate name.

The library from Gwydion Dylan that does provide real big num support
doesn't look like it will be that hard to port, but it is going to take
some tweaking.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 05 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Imperative and functional Big-O

2. Big 5 Consulting firm looking for top-notch Smalltalk Developers

3. Envy/Developer - big picture

4. UK Developers - BT Big Number source code available

5. String Format For Arb Large Integers, Rational Nums

6. SE: DLL question & Random Nums

7. Functional Developer for Linux [Alpha 2] now available

8. Functional Developer tip

9. Functional Developer UNICODE support + source?

10. Interpreting error messages in Functional Developer

11. Status of unix port of Functional Developer

12. HTML Tidy Wrapper for Functional Developer