ADMIN: List not reaching newsgroup?
Author Message
 ADMIN: List not reaching newsgroup?

Those of you reading this from 'comp.lang.dylan' may be wondering why it's
so quiet here.

Looking at the newsgroup I see the last message the list sent to the
newsgroup is dated '8 Dec 1998 16:18:25 -0000'. Since then the only
messages in the group were posted directly there, even though there's been
quite a bit of traffic on the 'info-dylan' list, which is supposed to be
gatewayed. Newsgroup messages seem to have no trouble reaching the list.

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA

Thu, 31 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ADMIN: List not reaching newsgroup?

Quote:

>Thanks, I wondered where all the traffic disappeared to. I currently get
>info-dylan in digest form about once a week or so.  Looks like I'll have to
>work out how to undigest it...

I'd prefer if whoever is in charge fixes the problem, since I am not
subscribed to info-dylan and also prefer to read it with a newsreader.

Andreas

--
"Java requires the programmer to declare types and exceptions, simply to
make the compiler's job easy.  Which just seems like the wrong approach

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ADMIN: List not reaching newsgroup?

Quote:

>Those of you reading this from 'comp.lang.dylan' may be wondering why it's
>so quiet here.

>Looking at the newsgroup I see the last message the list sent to the
>newsgroup is dated '8 Dec 1998 16:18:25 -0000'. Since then the only
>messages in the group were posted directly there, even though there's been
>quite a bit of traffic on the 'info-dylan' list, which is supposed to be
>gatewayed. Newsgroup messages seem to have no trouble reaching the list.

But if this one gets through I'll be very confused :)

Rob.

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ADMIN: List not reaching newsgroup?

Quote:

>Looking at the newsgroup I see the last message the list sent to the
>newsgroup is dated '8 Dec 1998 16:18:25 -0000'. Since then the only
>messages in the group were posted directly there, even though there's been
>quite a bit of traffic on the 'info-dylan' list, which is supposed to be
>gatewayed. Newsgroup messages seem to have no trouble reaching the list.

Thanks, I wondered where all the traffic disappeared to. I currently get
info-dylan in digest form about once a week or so.  Looks like I'll have to
work out how to undigest it...

Chris.

Sat, 02 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ADMIN: List not reaching newsgroup?

Quote:

>>Thanks, I wondered where all the traffic disappeared to. I currently get
>>info-dylan in digest form about once a week or so.  Looks like I'll have to
>>work out how to undigest it...

>I'd prefer if whoever is in charge fixes the problem, since I am not
>subscribed to info-dylan and also prefer to read it with a newsreader.

Our sysadmins are working on it.

  -Andrew

Sat, 02 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Semi-Topical: Windows Admin Scripting Newsgroup

2. Drag&Drop with automatic scroll when reaching the edge of list

3. ATTN: Mailing list admin

4. cut not reached!!

5. Why I am not reaching callbacks ?

6. ADMIN: Announcement Mailing List & Archives

7. statement not reached in tclDate.c

8. a list or not a list?

9. This newsgroup not communicating properly

10. newsgroup not updating

11. FAQ is not needed for this newsgroup now