Gwydion-Dylan 2.3.6 much bigger?
Author Message
 Gwydion-Dylan 2.3.6 much bigger?

The debian 2.3.6 package is about 17M + 12M (devel) bigger than the
2.3.5 version; has gd grown by that much, or is this likely just a
debug build?

Thanks,

--
Neil

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 23:07:50 GMT
 Gwydion-Dylan 2.3.6 much bigger?

Quote:

> The debian 2.3.6 package is about 17M + 12M (devel) bigger than the
> 2.3.5 version; has gd grown by that much, or is this likely just a
> debug build?

Gwydion has generally been shrinking each release as code generation and
optimization has improved, and this is no exception ... both the MacOS X
build (which I did) and the Solaris build are half a meg smaller than
the previous version.

I'm not sure how Debian packages are made but if it's not automated then
the size could very greatly depending on a lot of factors, ranging from
compiler settings (--debug) to whether or not demo program executables
are in it (at nearly 2 MB each they soon add up...) to whether or not
the binaries are stripped.

-- Bruce

Wed, 07 Jul 2004 03:07:22 GMT

1. Gwydion Dylan 2.2.0 Released

2. Where to put gc libs for Gwydion Dylan 2.3.10

3. Gwydion Dylan 2.3.9 Released

4. Gwydion Dylan Release 2.3.5

5. Gwydion Dylan - MacOS X Carbon Demos

6. Gwydion Dylan 2.3.4 Released

7. Mac-d2c port of Mac application in gwydion dylan archive

8. Gwydion Dylan 2.3.3 released

9. ncurses and Gwydion Dylan

10. Gwydion Dylan port for BeOS available

11. bootstrap problems with Gwydion Dylan 2.3.2

12. Zathras (was Re: Gwydion Dylan 2.3.2 Release)