HINT: Compiler error-handling has problems
Author Message
 HINT: Compiler error-handling has problems

: I just wanted to note to everyone that the Apple Dylan Technology Release
: compiler has some problems dealing with errors. For example, some simple
: syntax errors result in a compiler exception instead of a descriptive
: message.

: This has caused me, on a few occasions, to spend an inordinate amount of
: time attempting to debug my source. One example is an unmatched "end"
: keyword. So, if you get wierd compiler errors, try looking closely at your
: source for errors.

Yes, it is extremely annoying.  Could this be fixed for the PPC version?
BTW, sometimes one seems to get a more helpful error message, when choosing
report as bug from the restarts menu.

Kai

Kai Zimmermann  FB Informatik WSV, University of Hamburg, Vogt-Koelln-Str. 30
                   D-22527 Hamburg, Germany, Phone +49-40-54715-368, Fax -385

Thu, 03 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need a hint for a Haskell problem (hint, not solution)

2. Having problems handling pending events.

3. (VA) Having problems with mouse event handling in a ScrolledWindow part

4. ** Having problem with cross compiler **

5. I am having compiler problems with MS FORTRAN 3.31

6. Compiler error (or maybe compiler problem?!)

7. HELP: Hint for a Prolog compiler ?!

8. C5PE Compile Error: err.$$$(1) #6: Error: cif$filewrite The handle is invalid

9. error handling using CALL on error name ErrorRtn

10. Q: Solutions or hints for SICP problems

11. PMODE code problem -- need a hint

12. gnat304 Daylight Saving Time problem (was: compiler errors in GNAT 304a (win95))