Status of Dylan implementations
Author Message
 Status of Dylan implementations

Quote:
> Both the Lisp folks at Harlequin and the Dylan folks at CMU have
> experimented with our ILU system
> (ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/ilu/ilu.html).  I've heard informally
> from both that they have considered providing Dylan support for ILU,
> but I have no further information as to whether that became a real
> effort.

        There does seem to be a dearth of information flowing from the
development teams.

Quote:
> Providing Dylan support for ILU would allow users to integrate Dylan
> code with C, C++, Python, Common Lisp, Modula-3, and Java (and more in
> the works); it would give Dylan users access to Sun RPC, CORBA IIOP,
> WWW HTTP, and XNS Courier RPC, all without additional coding.  It
> would allow interfaces to be defined with both OMG IDL and our
> extended interface language, ILU ISL.  So it would be nice to see it
> happen...

        Yes indeed, ILU support "out of the box" for both Dylan
implementations would be very, very nice, and would give Dylan a
competitive advantage in the distributed systems arena. Even if it
isn't part of initial releases, it may be a good idea to standardize
as a Dylan library. I suppose that when we see compilers, we can start
fussing about fleshing out libraries, so I'm getting a head start :-).

-- Brian

Thu, 26 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Status of Dylan implementations

2. Status of Dylan on MacOS X

3. Dylan status

4. Dylan status

5. Status of Apple Dylan?

6. What's the real status of Dylan?

7. Status of Dylan?

8. Status of Dylan

9. Status of Dylan?

10. Status of Dylan / security

11. status of dylan?

12. Haskell implementation status summary