Immutable types in Dylan?
Author Message
 Immutable types in Dylan?

Hi,
        I remember that a long time ago, someone from the Gwydion team posted
something about how Gwydion Dylan would have some sort of extension for
marking a type as "immutable", much like Sather and other languages. Am I
mistaken, or was this actually discussed before? If so, what became of this
extension? Will it be in the first Gwydion release, whenever that is? Will
the good folks at Harlequin implement it too?

        I think it is a good idea which meshes well with the Dylan design.

-- Brian

Tue, 16 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. editing immutable types (no, seriously...)

2. Language Design (Re: Dylan type-safety )

3. Dylan type-safety

4. An Attempt to Formalise Dylan's Type System (Part 2)

5. An Attempt to Formalise Dylan's Type System (Part 1)

6. Apple Dylan float types

7. Parametrised types/better specialization in Dylan?

8. Dylan's type system

9. Dylan's type system

10. VW7 - WriteStream on immutable String

11. immutable objects/modeling values

12. Identity Vs Immutable Objects