cross-platform?
Author Message
 cross-platform?

Any chance of your offering a Mac version of Dylan so it could be used
for cross-platform development? Dylan is great, but we need
cross-platform support.

Also, we're keeping our eye on Linux ;-)

Tue, 25 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 cross-platform?

Quote:
>Any chance of your offering a Mac version of Dylan so it could be used
>for cross-platform development? Dylan is great, but we need
>cross-platform support.

>Also, we're keeping our eye on Linux ;-)

Who is the "you" in the above question?

Apple created a Mac version of Dylan.  They're no longer developing it, but
isn't it still available?

Tue, 25 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 cross-platform?

Quote:

> Any chance of your offering a Mac version of Dylan so it could be used
> for cross-platform development? Dylan is great, but we need
> cross-platform support.

You have five obvious options, and maybe some which I've missed:

 * Port Gwydion Dylan. It's probably easy to make Gwydion run with MacOS X,
   and harder to make it run with the regular MacOS.
 * Write a big check to Harlequin to port HD.
 * Write your own Dylan compiler.
 * Use the Apple Dylan Technology Release.
 * Use one of the Dylan interpreters.

Quote:
> Also, we're keeping our eye on Linux ;-)

Hi!

Cheers,
Eric

Tue, 25 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cross platform, or platform independent fortran 90 compilers?

2. Cross Platform Shared Vars and IBM's APL2

3. Running an app in a cross-platform way

4. Saving styled EditFields, cross-platform

5. Cross-Platform CD Publishing - best CD-R drive/sw

6. Cross Platform File Paths

7. Multi-User Database application (max 5 users) Cross platform Mac OS9 - OSX - Windows

8. Cross platform regions?

9. Help: Advice on cross-platform developing tools.

10. RB, VB, Cross-platform Development and Bug Reports

11. Cross-platform sounds?

12. Cross-platform styled text?