Gwydion Dylan - MacOS X Carbon Demos
Author Message
 Gwydion Dylan - MacOS X Carbon Demos

I don't think you're allowed to pass $NULL for this. Carbon tends not to like $NULL. I'll double check.
The NewRegion() in a loop will leak like crazy, though, I'll change it to pre-allocated region.

Thanks.

Posting this code has proved to be very productive for me. :-)

- Rob.

Quote:

> Apart from the redundant calls to GetWindowPort, calling NewRgn() each time
> is going to leak like a sieve. Anyway, it isn't necessary to pass in a
> region if you want to flush the whole port. Just use NULL:

>     QDFlushPortBuffer( GetWindowPort( my-window ), $NULL );

Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:46:45 GMT
 Gwydion Dylan - MacOS X Carbon Demos

Quote:
> I don't think you're allowed to pass $NULL for this. Carbon tends not to like
> $NULL. I'll double check.

Yes, you can. My code does it all the time. Here's the documentation at
Apple's web site:

    <http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn2003.html#gadgets_dbw>

--
Chris Page

Wed, 25 Jun 2003 01:41:10 GMT

1. getting started: Mac OS, Carbon, Dylan

2. Gwydion Dylan 2.2.0 Released

3. Where to put gc libs for Gwydion Dylan 2.3.10

4. Gwydion Dylan 2.3.9 Released

5. Gwydion-Dylan 2.3.6 much bigger?

6. Gwydion Dylan Release 2.3.5

7. Gwydion Dylan 2.3.4 Released

8. Mac-d2c port of Mac application in gwydion dylan archive

9. Gwydion Dylan 2.3.3 released

10. ncurses and Gwydion Dylan

11. Gwydion Dylan port for BeOS available

12. bootstrap problems with Gwydion Dylan 2.3.2