and # in harlequin dylan 1.1's editor
Author Message
 and # in harlequin dylan 1.1's editor

Hi dylan folks,

Does anyone know how to type the symbols [ ] and #
in the editor of version 1.1?
I had that problem already with version 1.0.
It isn't really a problem, but can be very annoying.

thanks in advance

Sun, 06 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 and # in harlequin dylan 1.1's editor

Quote:

> Hi dylan folks,

> Does anyone know how to type the symbols [ ] and #
> in the editor of version 1.1?
> I had that problem already with version 1.0.
> It isn't really a problem, but can be very annoying.

> thanks in advance

It seems to be a really {*filter*} bug, as they didn't fix it.

You can either use the charmap utility or even better use the
good old DOS way of typing special chars:
press Alt with your left hand and type the numeric (decimal)
ASCII-Code with your right hand on the keypad. Then release
the Alt-Key.

Worked with 1.0 at least.

Bye
Stefan

Sun, 06 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 and # in harlequin dylan 1.1's editor

Quote:

>> Does anyone know how to type the symbols [ ] and #
>> in the editor of version 1.1?
>> I had that problem already with version 1.0.
>> It isn't really a problem, but can be very annoying.

>> thanks in advance

>It seems to be a really {*filter*} bug, as they didn't fix it.

Indeed, we are aware of this bug.  There's not a simple fix,
or we would have gotten to it already.  We do hope to get it
corrected, in a future release, though.  (It is -not- our
intention to abandon all of the world outside the US and UK!)

  -Andrew

Sun, 06 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. (fwd) harlequin's dylan-corba mailing list switching to MIT's info-dylan

2. Font used in Harlequin Dylan Editor

3. Dylan and Java [was: Harlequin Dylan - Update]

4. HARLEQUIN DYLAN and C FFI

5. Small d2c and Harlequin Dylan incompatibility

6. first attempt at Harlequin-Dylan

7. Functional Objects to take over Harlequin Dylan

8. Harlequin Dylan 2.0 beta 2 is now available

9. Future of Harlequin Dylan

10. ODBC database with Harlequin Dylan

11. Harlequin Dylan Update

12. using winInet with harlequin dylan