Mindy operational?
Author Message
 Mindy operational?

I am (attempting) running Mindy (on Win95) straight out of the zip file, no
modifications or recompiles. Upon setting the path as (note: path name
mangling is necessary for mindy to load at all -- as expected):

set MINDYPATH=D:\PROGRA~1\DYLAN\MINDY\MINDY-1.5\LIB
set PATH=C:\WIN95;C:\WIN95\COMMAND;D:\PROGRA~1\DYLAN\MINDY\MINDY-1.5\
  BIN;D:\PROGRA~1\DYLAN\MINDY\MINDY-1.5\"libraries"

and upon running the mindy command line. I immediate receive the error:

<<
No applicable methods for #"main" with arguments #["mindy"].

You need to define a method on the generic function
Main with the specializers (<string>, #rest strings).
The generic function Main is exported from the
Extensions module; perhaps you forgot to import the
Extensions module into the module that defines the
method on Main?

thread [0] D   #"main"
fp 0x00a200b0: invoke-de{*filter*}({<simple-error> 0x00b383f1})

Obviously I am just not getting something all correct here! :)

I would greatly appreciate anyone with Mindy experience to enlighten me on how
to solve this (seemingly menial) problem.

Much thanks in advance.

Avery Moon

Wed, 05 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Mindy operational?

    Avery> << No applicable methods for #"main" with arguments
    Avery> #["mindy"].

You'll need to supply a dbc file that contains the main function,
e.g.:

mindy -f hello.dbc

Andreas

--
The truth about COM: No inheritance!

Fri, 07 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. my new pages are operational

2. Mailing list for A4th Amiga PD Forth is now operational

3. SECD operational semantics?

4. SDC operational semantics?

5. Structural Approach to Operational Semantics

6. SDC operational semantics

7. semantics of operational operators

8. Announce: Grace project site operational

9. Operational semantic of VHDL

10. Post Elaboration CRC's or Operational Code

11. Ada-Belgium archive operational (fwd)

12. Ada WWW Server is operational