what's clutter in the design
Author Message
 what's clutter in the design

Quote:

> So I stand by my claim.  Your proposal just adds stuff of the language
> without enriching it.  Your version of 'unless' is exactly 'if ~'; In
> fact, I proposed flushing Dylan's existing version of 'unless' for the
> same reason.  Write a macro.

I think I would be rather confused if I had to read code with a double
negation ("unless" .. "else").
IMHO, too many different types of control structures make the code more
difficult to read, rather than easier (I too would take out "unless").
On the other hand, it could just be a question of habit.

  Enrico

Sun, 04 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. What's clutter in the design of a prog. language? [was: Minor

2. What's clutter in the design of a prog. language? [was: Minor

3. One's clutter is another's lesson

4. CFP: ECOOP'97 Workshop on Language Support for Design Patterns and Frameworks (LSDF'97)

5. 'Design by Contract' Studies

6. Treating 'U' in mixed language designs

7. Clutter

8. timers cluttering layout window

9. Just testing - sorry for the clutter

10. Multiple VISA sessions & diagram clutter

11. Front paneltoo cluttered

12. US Government determines Tcl too cluttered!