Dylan vs. C results for simple benchmark
Author Message
 Dylan vs. C results for simple benchmark

Quote:

> Hi folks,

> In a fit of boredom, I timed the C and Dylan versions of a simple
> recursive algorithm.
> Dylan version
> -------------
> define method p(n :: <integer>, k :: <integer>)
>                     => result :: <integer>;
> end method p;

For fun you might try replacing <integer> with <object> and time it
again.  You could also try <small-integer>, but I think <object> will
win.

VERY ROUGH GENERALIZATION:
In the Apple Dylan TR, declaring things <integer> doesn't improve
the code very much since it's not a concrete type.  The compiler
will sometimes optimize on the basis of <small-integer> objects,
usually when accessing arrays.

Sat, 31 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Smalltalk vs C vs C++ benchmark results

2. Test_Fpu benchmark results (alpha vs. amd)

3. Cellular automata benchmarks: Java vs C++ vs Java vs C++

4. Dylan vs DyLan

5. fibonacci benchmark -- VS 3.0 VS VW 2.0

6. python vs java (vs tcl?) benchmarks

7. Intro CS book using Dylan?

8. MVCL Benchmark Results

9. VisualWorks benchmark results

10. RFC on Benchmark results

11. Toy loop/array benchmark yields surprising results.

12. Some benchmark results