Can't Edit Source folder names in Apple Dylan DR1
Author Message
 Can't Edit Source folder names in Apple Dylan DR1

IHi, all,

I got the Dylan DR1 PPC CD-Rom from Apple, and have been trying to teach
myself some Dylan.  Seems cool so far, I like the language.  One annoying
thing is that I cannot figure out how to name source folders.  The manual
says I should get a dialog box when I  do new wource folder, but this does
not happen.  I just get a folder called untitled something.  When I try to
click in the title (a la the Finder) it just oddly flashes the horizontal
scroll bar.  Is this a known bug?  ANd could I get a fix for it, were the
Digitool Dylan site up...

Thanks,

Jim.

Wed, 14 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't Edit Source folder names in Apple Dylan DR1

Quote:
> I got the Dylan DR1 PPC CD-Rom from Apple, and have been trying to teach
> myself some Dylan.  Seems cool so far, I like the language.  One annoying
> thing is that I cannot figure out how to name source folders.  The manual
> says I should get a dialog box when I  do new wource folder, but this does
> not happen.  I just get a folder called untitled something.  When I try to
> click in the title (a la the Finder) it just oddly flashes the horizontal
> scroll bar.  Is this a known bug?  ANd could I get a fix for it, were the
> Digitool Dylan site up...

Hi Jim

I'm still waiting for my copy of the DR1 PPC CD-Rom so I haven't had a
hands on with it yet.

I believe though that this is a known bug, for which there has appeared
a fix. Now that Apple's Cambridge site is down, I don't know where you
can get it. I hope it's still available somewhere, or will be soon,
because I shall probably crave for it once I get my Dylan DR.

Wed, 14 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't Edit Source folder names in Apple Dylan DR1

Quote:
>IHi, all,

>I got the Dylan DR1 PPC CD-Rom from Apple, and have been trying to teach
>myself some Dylan.  Seems cool so far, I like the language.  One annoying
>thing is that I cannot figure out how to name source folders.  The manual
>says I should get a dialog box when I  do new wource folder, but this does
>not happen.  I just get a folder called untitled something.  When I try to
>click in the title (a la the Finder) it just oddly flashes the horizontal
>scroll bar.  Is this a known bug?  ANd could I get a fix for it, were the
>Digitool Dylan site up...

>Thanks,

>Jim.

Following message help you.

A patch for "Apple Dylan TR-PPC", the version that was shipped at
MacWorld Boston last October, is available at:

  <ftp://ftp.digitool.com/pub/dylan/apple-dylan-patch-970108.sea.hqx>

The patch fixes two bugs that were introduced by the port to
PowerPC MCL: with the patch installed you can now rename and
delete source folders. The BinHexed self-extracting-archive expands
into a folder named "Apple Dylan Patch 970108", which includes a
*readme* file with installation instructions.

-Bill St. Clair

Thu, 15 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't Edit Source folder names in Apple Dylan DR1

Quote:

>> I got the Dylan DR1 PPC CD-Rom from Apple, and have been trying to teach
>> myself some Dylan.  Seems cool so far, I like the language.  One annoying
>> thing is that I cannot figure out how to name source folders.  The manual
>> says I should get a dialog box when I  do new wource folder, but this does
>> not happen.  I just get a folder called untitled something.  When I try to
>> click in the title (a la the Finder) it just oddly flashes the horizontal
>> scroll bar.  Is this a known bug?  ANd could I get a fix for it, were the
>> Digitool Dylan site up...

>Hi Jim

>I'm still waiting for my copy of the DR1 PPC CD-Rom so I haven't had a
>hands on with it yet.

>I believe though that this is a known bug, for which there has appeared
>a fix. Now that Apple's Cambridge site is down, I don't know where you
>can get it. I hope it's still available somewhere, or will be soon,
>because I shall probably crave for it once I get my Dylan DR.

Here's the original announcement for the patch:

Subject: Apple Dylan Patch 970108
Date: 8 Jan 1997 20:40:17 -0000

A patch for "Apple Dylan TR-PPC", the version that was shipped at
MacWorld Boston last October, is available at:

  <ftp://ftp.digitool.com/pub/dylan/apple-dylan-patch-970108.sea.hqx>

The patch fixes two bugs that were introduced by the port to
PowerPC MCL: with the patch installed you can now rename and
delete source folders. The BinHexed self-extracting-archive expands
into a folder named "Apple Dylan Patch 970108", which includes a
*readme* file with installation instructions.

-Bill St. Clair

Maarten M Hazewinkel     |  "Understanding is a three-edged sword."

Thu, 15 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dylan is the Name was(Re: Dylan (Bob) eats rotten Apple (Computer))

2. Apple's Dylan's FAQ postable?

3. Alleging name theft, Bob Dylan sues Apple Computer

4. Dynamic Language in Esperanto (was: Re: Alleging name theft, Bob Dylan sues Apple Computer)

5. Apple open source (no, not Dylan -- yet)

6. Free source for Apple Dylan -- any chance?

7. Free source for Apple Dylan -- any chance?

8. Free source for Apple Dylan -- any chance?

9. apple's dylan technology release CD

10. Posting Apple's Dylan Ref Manual?

11. Apple Dylan and it's interface builder

12. Has anyone tested Apple Dylan TR1 with Connectix Corp.'s 68k