Gtting started with Mindy?
Author Message
 Gtting started with Mindy?

  I've downloaded the Linux RPMs from gwydiondylan but I can't figure out how
to get mindy to work. Could someone please show me how to run it? All I ever
seem to be ableto get is:

error: Can't find library Dylan

  Say I do 'make-dylan-app foo', how do I run foo? (I can get d2c to work.)

  Thanks,

  Mike McDonald

Sat, 15 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Gtting started with Mindy?

Quote:

>>   I've downloaded the Linux RPMs from gwydiondylan but I can't figure out how
>> to get mindy to work. Could someone please show me how to run it? All I ever
>> seem to be ableto get is:

>> error: Can't find library Dylan

>>   Say I do 'make-dylan-app foo', how do I run foo? (I can get d2c to work.)

> This unfortunately seems to be poorly documented, because I had trouble as
> well :-(

  Actually, I found that without too much trouble. It's in the demos HTML docs.

Quote:
> The magic formula is:

> mindycomp -ltestapp testapp-exports.dylan
> mindycomp -ltestapp testapp.dylan
> mindy -f testapp-exports.dbc -f testapp.dbc

> -- Bruce

  Nope, that's what I was doing when I get the error. The problem is the
runtime libraries don't get installed in the correct place using the RPM. The
RPM installs all of the library files in /lib/dylan/2.3.1/x86-linux-gcc/ but
mindy looks in /lib/dylan/2.3.1/runtime. So I made a link from runtime to
x86-linux-gcc and it works now.

  Mike McDonald

Sat, 15 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Gtting started with Mindy?

Quote:
>   I've downloaded the Linux RPMs from gwydiondylan but I can't figure out how
> to get mindy to work. Could someone please show me how to run it? All I ever
> seem to be ableto get is:

> error: Can't find library Dylan

>   Say I do 'make-dylan-app foo', how do I run foo? (I can get d2c to work.)

This unfortunately seems to be poorly documented, because I had trouble as
well :-(

The magic formula is:

mindycomp -ltestapp testapp-exports.dylan
mindycomp -ltestapp testapp.dylan
mindy -f testapp-exports.dbc -f testapp.dbc

-- Bruce

Sun, 16 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mindy future

2. unsigned long (4 bytes) in mindy

3. mindy 2.0 tk deadlock?, nope just a stupid mistake

4. Mindy on the BeOS

5. Mindy 2.0 for MkLinux/LinuxPPC/Rhapsody ???

6. How to install Mindy on NT4?

7. Mindy 1.5 & MacTen UNIX

8. Question about Mindy's system method

9. Mindy for Windows 95