Implementation of Dylan on PC?
Author Message
 Implementation of Dylan on PC?

I gather that the developemnt on Dylan s strictly Mac these days.
Is this true? Can I get an experimental copy of Dylan for a PC?
Benny.

Wed, 08 May 1996 12:21:23 GMT
 Implementation of Dylan on PC?

Quote:

> > I gather that the developemnt on Dylan s strictly Mac these days.
> > Is this true? Can I get an experimental copy of Dylan for a PC?
> > Benny.

> One of the dylan implimentations (marlais) runs fine (according to the
> MACHINES file) on 386/486 linux systems and OS/2 systems.  With only a
> bit of hacking it'll probably run on MS-DOS with some 32 bit extender.

I was thinking of doing that myself, but I'm having difficulty
getting the source code from the FTP site. After reading about
120K, it stops sending anything. I have a 2 minute timeout
here, but even if I set that to a longer period, I don't know
how long that should be, or why it takes over a minute to
send the next 1K of the file.

This could be because I'm in the UK, and there are network
bottlenecks somewhere along the way.

Martin Rodgers

--- {*filter*} Surfing on CIX ---

Thu, 09 May 1996 15:06:21 GMT
 Implementation of Dylan on PC?

Quote:

> > I gather that the developemnt on Dylan s strictly Mac these days.
> > Is this true? Can I get an experimental copy of Dylan for a PC?
> > Benny.

> One of the dylan implimentations (marlais) runs fine (according to the
> MACHINES file) on 386/486 linux systems and OS/2 systems.  With only a
> bit of hacking it'll probably run on MS-DOS with some 32 bit extender.

I was thinking of doing that myself, but I'm having difficulty
getting the source code from the FTP site. After reading about
120K, it stops sending anything. I have a 2 minute timeout
here, but even if I set that to a longer period, I don't know
how long that should be, or why it takes over a minute to
send the next 1K of the file.

This could be because I'm in the UK, and there are network
bottlenecks somewhere along the way.

Martin Rodgers

--- {*filter*} Surfing on CIX ---

Fri, 10 May 1996 14:54:18 GMT

1. Common LISP implementation for IBM-PCs running MS/PC-DOS

2. Dylan implementation question

3. another Dylan implementation?

4. Free Dylan implementations?

5. Dylan implementation tips

6. Status of Dylan implementations

7. Status of Dylan implementations

8. Which public domain Dylan implementation ?

9. Dylan Implementations

10. Dylan Implementations

11. Implementations of Dylan

12. Where is dylan implementation?