MacMarlias on Mac Classic?
Author Message
 MacMarlias on Mac Classic?

Can anyone tell me if MacMarlias (0.5, or whatever is most recent) will run
on a Mac Classic?  I understand it requires the Thread Manager; anyone know
if _that_ runs on a Classic?

If not, how about Mindy -- I would like to try it, but am hesitant to get it
(and PixieScheme) if it will be too slow to be practical...  I don't have much
room to spare, and I shudder at the thought of having to interpret the whole
system from scratch each time I want to use Dylan.

Replies by email fine; will post summary upon request.
Thanks very much, -- Tim
--

Tue, 01 Apr 1997 03:15:36 GMT
 MacMarlias on Mac Classic?

: Can anyone tell me if MacMarlias (0.5, or whatever is most recent) will run
: on a Mac Classic?  I understand it requires the Thread Manager; anyone know
: if _that_ runs on a Classic?

Thanks to everyone who responded via email.  I ended up getting Marlias and
the thread manager, but I got a bomb box when I ran them.  Turns out that
the thread manager needs to be in 32-bit mode; my Mac can't do that :-(.

My next step is to get the Gambit compiler and Mindy, and try that...
--

Tue, 08 Apr 1997 01:32:13 GMT

1. Realbasic 4 (Classic unter Mac OS 8.6): FEHLER 3 gel?st

2. Beta Testers Needed: Mac Tablet (Classic Note Pad Alternative for OS X)

3. XML Editor Beta 1.02 (Mac Classic and MacOSX)

4. fileutil::tempdir on classic mac

5. How to get SMALL TALK on Mac Classic

6. Arrays in MacMarlias (0.5.53)

7. Product Announcement - APL.68000 Level II for Mac and Power Mac

8. Mac Developer, with C++( or smalltalk), Power Plant, Mac OS,OO can you help

9. Mac Developer, with C++( or smalltalk), Power Plant, Mac OS,OO needed

10. Mac Developers., with C++( or smalltalk), Power Plant,Mac OS,OO experience help needed

11. Can a Mac Developer, with C++( or smalltalk), Power Plant, Mac OS,OO needed

12. Mac Developer, with C++( or smalltalk), Power Plant, Mac OS,OO required