Virtual Slots
Author Message
 Virtual Slots

Hello all,
   I ran across something I can't exaplain and I wanted to ask if anyone
had seen this before. I am using virtual slots in an object and when I
use this object and the getter, setter, and intialize methods in a
self-contained program, it works beautifully. But, when I try to put
this object in a module and try to export it and the getter and setter
functions, I get the following compiler error:

Accessing uninitialized slot slot-defn-getter in {<slot-defn> instance}
Abort trap

If I comment out the virtual slot definitions in my object the error
goes away and the library and module compile fine. I have tried adding
the getter and setter methods to the exports files with no luck. Any ideas?

Brad

Tue, 30 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Virtual Slots

Quote:

> If I comment out the virtual slot definitions in my object the error
> goes away and the library and module compile fine. I have tried adding
> the getter and setter methods to the exports files with no luck. Any ideas?

I do this in one of my projects - use a virtual slot and export it and
use it from other libraries without problem. I use a constant slot
though so I don't know if that would make a difference (ie. no
setter). This is with Harlequin Dylan 1.2. What compiler are you
using?

Chris.

Wed, 31 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Virtual Slots
Oops. I should have included this with my original post. I am using
gwydion dylan's 2.2.0 d2c compiler, running on OpenBSD 2.4 on a Sparc
Classic. Basically, if I take a test program and try to compile it as a
library with modules I get the following error.

Processing testme-exports.dylan
..
Processing testme.dylan
Emitting Library Heap.
Dumping library summary.
Accessing uninitialized slot slot-defn-getter in {<slot-defn> instance}
Abort trap

If I compile the code into a program, it works just fine.

Brad

Quote:

> > If I comment out the virtual slot definitions in my object the error
> > goes away and the library and module compile fine. I have tried adding
> > the getter and setter methods to the exports files with no luck. Any ideas?

> I do this in one of my projects - use a virtual slot and export it and
> use it from other libraries without problem. I use a constant slot
> though so I don't know if that would make a difference (ie. no
> setter). This is with Harlequin Dylan 1.2. What compiler are you
> using?

> Chris.

Thu, 01 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Virtual Slots

Quote:

> Oops. I should have included this with my original post. I am using
> gwydion dylan's 2.2.0 d2c compiler, running on OpenBSD 2.4 on a Sparc
> Classic. Basically, if I take a test program and try to compile it as a
> library with modules I get the following error.

[error snipped]

Ick. Looks like a bug. I'm a bit too busy to track this one down right now,
but maybe somebody else will get it.

Cheers,
Eric

Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Design patterns / virtual slot

2. Virtual Slots

3. Making a virtual slots metaclass

4. Structure slot-init accessing previous slot

5. Slots of a slot definition metaobject

6. Virtual Schooling a Virtual Reality?

7. Virtual Schooling a Virtual Reality?

8. virtual method call faster that non-virtual method?

9. Virtual 8086 Mode/Virtual Machine Monitor (VMM)

10. Virtual 8086 Mode/Virtual Machine Monitor (VMM)

11. C extension tp_getattr slot: structmember interface; new tp_* slots

12. Reading the PC-Card Slots