Implementations of Dylan
Author Message
 Implementations of Dylan

Hi,
I doing research into statistical software and would like to know more
about DYLAN. Is there an implementation available anywhere. Does it
support GUI development? Is it freeware? Any other tips for someone who
knows very little about the language would be appreciated.

                                                                                        Thanks,
                                                                                                                                                                Dom.

BTW - Sorry if this is answered in a FAQ - if there is an FAQ where can I
get it?? Is there a
                                        Dylan mailing list I can subscribe to ?? Thanks again.

Tue, 21 May 1996 04:45:39 GMT
 Implementations of Dylan

Quote:

> I doing research into statistical software and would like to know more
> about DYLAN. Is there an implementation available anywhere. Does it
> support GUI development? Is it freeware? Any other tips for someone who
> knows very little about the language would be appreciated.

I'd also be interested, esp if anyone has any experience porting
the Marlais implementation to the Intel 386/486/etc family.

Advise about using the Thomas implementation would also be
appreciated. Is it easier to use a Scheme based system than C?
I don't have GNU C yet, but I can get if it would help.

I've noticed that there are several versions of the Marlais
source (I've not even looked in the Thomas dir yet). Which
would be the best to get? As I may have connection problems,
the smallest version would be preferable. I'd expect the
Thomas source to be the smallest. The compression format
will not be a problem.

Quote:
> BTW - Sorry if this is answered in a FAQ - if there is an FAQ where can I
> get it?? Is there a

It's available on the cambridge.apple.com FTP site,
as pub/dylan/dylan-faq.txt or dylan-faq.rtf.

Martin Rodgers

--- {*filter*} Surfing on CIX ---

Wed, 22 May 1996 15:07:14 GMT

1. Implementation of Dylan on PC?

2. Dylan implementation question

3. another Dylan implementation?

4. Free Dylan implementations?

5. Dylan implementation tips

6. Status of Dylan implementations

7. Status of Dylan implementations

8. Which public domain Dylan implementation ?

9. Dylan Implementations

10. Dylan Implementations

11. Where is dylan implementation?

12. Dylan-implementation in CL?